What kind of poster are you?

by DogGone 12 Replies latest social humour

• DogGone
    DogGone

A while ago someone posted a link to the Flame Warrior guide, it seeks to define some different types of posters. http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

I thought it might be fun and lighten the current mood to reveal which "Warrior" is closest to your style, in your opinion. Please don't point out how you think someone else fits a certain warrior, that is not fun or kind. I hope this is a bit of a self-effacing humour kind of thing.

To me, I'm the diplomat:

Diplomat butts into hot disputes, presuming that the combatants will welcome and appreciate his even-handed and eminently reasonable mediation. Frankly, he gets what he deserves.

My secondary characteristic is Lurker:

Lurker does not participate in normal forum discourse, but he's out there...watching, reading every message. He is usually quite harmless, and more often than not his silence reflects a natural reticence rather than sinister motives. If a fight breaks out he will quietly observe to avoid revealing his position. Occasionally, however, some mysterious impulse drives him to de-lurk and attack. This totally unexpected assault is universally regarded as an ambush, and other Warriors will turn on him savagely. Lurker seldom sticks around to fight it out, however, and after a brief exchange, he once again slips out of sight.

Recently, in a locked thread, I was more like this:

For Tireless Rebutter there is no such thing as a trivial dispute. He regards all challenges as barbarians at the gates. His unflagging tenacity in making his points numbs and eventually wears down the opposition. Confident that his arguments are sound, Tireless Rebutter can't understand why he is universally loathed.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I'm an instigator. It's fun to start a subject, sit back and watch the fire works.

There are some good debaters here.

• DogGone
    DogGone

Great debaters, indeed. The quality of the discussion and the general civility beat anything I run into on most other discussion arenas. Anything below an online news paper article, for example, is usually just petty nonsense,

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I guess I've become a lurker! I generally try to stay out of disputes.
  • millie210
    millie210

Those were fun to read (the OPs link)

I can see my "bad" self in a few of them!

A predominate one that is "me" is the "pithy quotes" pesona.

um yeah, guilty.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    I'm an Eagle Scout =)
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Has to be Coffee Klatch. Would anyone like a doughnut?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

They were fun to read.

Unfortunately, I sometimes act like Big Dog and Ego.

But don't worry, I'm not 'Perv' - I'm not interested in what anybody's wearing

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Sometimes I wonder if I'm not a Thread Killer. . . .

I suppose we'll see . . . . ;)

• millie210
    millie210

Just posting to make what breakfast of champions said not true...

“To be is to do”—Socrates.
    “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre.
    “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.

pithy quote of the day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit