Are the teachings of JW—consistent?

by Fisherman 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blotty
    Blotty

"Consistant" - an interesting word.. What religion is "consistent"? trinitarians cant even agree on how to explain the doctrine in a lot of cases.. "consistency" right there..
    What about changing views? because someone reads something that changes their mind on a teaching or fact, does that make them inconsistent? no because then we can apply this argument to every person who has changing views on a subject..
    People who assume The Watchtower don't have a chance of getting anything right need to see a doctor.. its basically saying all other religions are right in every case (They are not) No religion has everything 100% correct, but I would say the watchtower has points on numerous cases. scholars themselves have proved this point.

• waton
    waton

one wt writer used an ingenious illustration to explain the persistence of wt leaders to reach a doctrinal goal, the finality, --- the tacking of a sailing vessel against the wind (pneuma). funny,

His Majesty's Ship wt , when reaching each of these destination, the dates, predictions, has consistently found that "nothing was ever there".

plenty of hapless fish caught in the drag net though. not to mention the keel haulings.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    the “faithful slave” itself was wrong about its own identity for most of its existence.

Hi SBF,

The unforgettable Marvin Shilmer detected that point and posted that many years ago. A lot of people didn’t even realize that and wonder how many do now. But Marvin said it in such a funny way, I couldn’t stop laughing. He was so funny. We had so many heated arguments on this forum but I highly esteemed him. What a loss to the JW organization.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Blotty: No religion has everything 100% correct

I agree with that sentiment, though I think it could also be said that we don't know which one is 100% correct. I would hope that if there is one that is true, it would be guided by a being who felt that truth and confidence in its word was important enough to make sure they had everything right. And that it wasn't leaving us to wander hopelessly in the dark, either.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, but apparently Watchtower religion is the closest to the truth and that's why Jesus chose the Bible Student directors in Brooklyn in 1919 to be his Faithful Slave. Read Matthew 24:45-47 if you have any doubts about that. Because if you don't believe they are the channel you will be destroyed at Armageddon. Just read the Bible and examine their record and you will see there is no excuse for not trusting the Faithful Slave today. Your salvation depends on it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I see that the ‘fisherman’ has essentially done the JW tactic of ‘I’ll have to do some research on that and get back to you’ 😂

🦗 🦗 🦗

• waton
    waton

wt's teaching on the 12 tribes of Israel (the Israel of God) in the NT is inconsistent. In Math19:28 it is the earthly class, the un-anointed, in the rest of the text it is all the partakers.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TONUS OH:

I always believed that ALL religions are wrong to varying degrees.

JWs like to claim the excuse of ‘imperfection’ or the ‘light getting brighter’.. Well, I felt that if God was cutting them ‘slack’ because of that - he would also give slack to all the other religions as well.

• waton
    waton

Contrary to their claim, the teaching methods of the wt F&DS are not consistent with the practises in the early Christian congregation.

The Early "governing body" did not maintain a monopoly on providing "spiritual food. To the contrary, unlike wt's recent history, most of crucial writings in the early era of the "true faith" was done by outsiders. , surpassing in depth the internal output.

see Peter's comments on Paul's writings: "hard to understand [by me]"

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

"We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry-be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization." –Watchtower, November 1, 1990, page 26

"...identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization is essential to their salvation." -Our Kingdom Ministry, November 1990, page 1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit