Are the teachings of JW—consistent?

by Fisherman 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

It seems inconsistent to tell the world 'We don't shun!' and tell the membership 'You'd better shun!' Does that count?

• TD
    TD

I've pointed out a number of quirky things over the years. Here's a relatively minor one:

The JW belief that the antediluvian world was entirely vegetarian is a repudiation of the design requires a designer argument.

Symbiotic relationships that the JW's point to as examples of the Creator's wisdom, like the cleaner fish and the shark, the oxpecker bird and the rhino, the anemone shrimp and the sea anemone, etc. are all actually forms of predation.

The JW's don't seem to realize they're contradicting themselves here. --Worse, the decomposition chain is an integral part of every ecosystem and the mechanical breakdown performed by larger scavengers is an integral part of the decomposition chain. So the "all vegetarian ecology" teaching requires us to believe that the earth's ecosystems weren't actually designed by God after all.

• waton
    waton

"fisherman" is conning everyone to empty their magazine, give it their best shot, and then, unconcerned and unread, will respond with their dump.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A couple of us wonder if FM is Simon having fun on the forum. I can't get over the unusual sentence structures and spelling errors. All part of the joke?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    the antediluvian world was entirely vegetarian is a repudiation of the design requires a designer argument.

Hi TD,

Thanks for your informative post and for answering the question asked under this topic. I enjoy your commentaries. A young universe was taught by wt in the past but it wasn’t their idea, that is how WT interpreted the Bible. In light of indisputable empirical science, the belief in a young universe is falsifiable so wt later reinterpreted the Bible to agree with science. WT now teaches that the the Bible can be interpreted to mean what science says about an older universe.

Does the Bible teach predation before the fall of man as you interpret the Bible ?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    the unusual sentence structures and spelling errors. All part of the joke?

Is that what you conclude after being on this forum longer than you? Also, it was 3AM, mate when I posted this thread. Try to use a little common sense.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FM - Is that what you conclude after being on this forum longer than you?

Like that makes any difference.

Also, it was 3AM, mate when I posted this thread. Try to use a little common sense.

Why post at that hour? Try to use a little common sense.

FM is Simon having a laugh, right? Come on own up!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

PON

How about answering my question instead of going of on a tangent. We go back a long time PON. We had our dialogues in the past.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The only consistency in the WT is its inconsistency.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Q: Are the teachings of The Watchtower consistent?

A: Yes, they are consistently dumb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit