Are the teachings of JW—consistent?

by Fisherman 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I would belief so but if you can point something out, it can be discussed.

I don’t mean what JW taught in the past that they later realized was not correct and amended. —Unless you think and can show something like that is relevant.

I’ve spoken to a lot of believers from different religions. I don’t want to bash any religion here under this topic but their beliefs are inconsistent and their reasons are sophistry and made up and grounded on circular reasoning. —Not so with JW. The JW teachings are supported by scripture, add up, are consistent, and” jive” like the 4 gospels, logical, reasonable, plausible and just make sense and appeal to the mind and heart. If you disagree, please show how so.

• waton
    waton

Since 1918 wt has consistently preached that "millions now living will never die" , now at the 8 million mark. but it is a creeping false prophecy, for there were never >2 million qualified Armageddon survivors in much of the past.

The new prophecy, that the anointed generation will rise to heaven at the outset of the Great Tribulation is inconsistent with the wording in mat. 24. The generation will pass after all is said and done.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How can the JW`s religion be consistent if they have modified /changed their position since C.T.Russell established / started this religion ? in the late 18th / early 19th century ?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I have a wrist watch I wear when I go out on special occasions...I've gotten a ton of compliments on it over the years. It looks very expensive & looks awesome on my wrist. Funny thing is that the watch is broken...has been for a long time...but it's the compliments I receive that keeps me from throwing the damn thing away. 🤣

Another reason I hang onto this watch is that it reminds me of this JW cult I'm affiliated with. You see Fisherman...like this broken watch of mine...this broken cult may look appealing from the surface to someone like yourself but it's broken...useless! You also talk about how consistent WT/JW has been on some of it's teachings. My broken good looking watch is consistent & tells me the right time twice a day everyday but is useless and unreliable 99% of the rest of the time!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the JW religion is very much like a good looking broken down useless watch that is minimally consistent.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The scriptures are fine , and the basic scriptural truths about God , Jesus and his return are found in most religions. It is the special understanding of things that the WT has , that is illogical.

Christ is supposed to have returned invisibly in 1914., that is 108 years ago! For me the time lapse is no longer credible, seeing that Jesus said “ this generation “ . The attempt to explain this by overlapping generations, still being that generation, are pure invention.

I could go on , with their u turns and abandoned beliefs , all presented as divine revelation but I am sure others will do so

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FM - I don’t mean what JW taught in the past that they later realized was not correct and amended.

Well, that narrows it down. What time-frame are you narrowing it down to? Last 25 years? Why brush the cult's failures under the carpet?

Why was there something not correct? God dropped his phone in the toilet again?

Unless you think and can show something like that is relevant.

It's all relevant. If the cult leaders need to make 'corrections' then something is deeply wrong with them. they should have got it right the 1st time Jehovah(tm) whispered in TOMO's ear. Or was he too drunk to hear properly?

OK. Loss of lives because of the cult's stance on refusing blood transfusions. Then they changed to being ok with blood 'fractions(tm)'. What of the lives lost and families damaged by the stance before 'blood fractions(tm)' that needn't have happened after the 'correction(tm)'?

You tell me.

Smiddy - How can the JW`s religion be consistent if they have modified /changed their position

Spot on mate!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think that anything to do with trying to predict the time of the end, or insinuate that it is close, goes against Christ's claims that no one but the father knows the day or the hour. It is also superfluous, since even JWs believe that you must remain faithful and steady right to the end. The notion that only those who qualify at the time of the destruction of the old system of things goes against the idea that one should be expecting the end at a specific time or within a specific time frame.

You are either serving God with sincerity, or marking off time until you can stop pretending. Would Jehovah really save someone who was doing the latter?

• riblah
    riblah

I'm not here a lot, but Fisherman seems pretty troll-y.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ribby - I'm not here a lot, but Fisherman seems pretty troll-y.

I agree. I'm not sure FM is genuine. I also notice weird spelling and structure; so I'm unsure if English is FM's first language.

I'm sure FM (He,her, them), is just having a laugh on here, probably from China.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m wondering why Fisherman is even here. 🤷‍♀️

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit