Childhood Sexuality

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Says the WTS' Youth book, and I suppose possibly other fundamentalist authors. I believe that seedy was being facetious. :)

BTW, JH, I applaud your decision to change the thread title to a less... ahem... probing one. However, I wonder whether 'sexuality' is really an apt description of such early masturbation. While the child may obtain pleasure from touching their genitals, I don't believe that they would connect this with any thoughts or feelings that we would consider 'sexual'.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Well..that's just it then, isn't it, euphemism?

Where does sexuality begin? or rather...When does sexuality begin?

It seems quite obvious really...that we are sexual creatures from birth.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Sorry for my sloppy definitions, Kaethra. Let me clarify.

What I'm suggesting is that a small child, when masturbating, does not have thoughts about sexual intercourse or about other individuals as sexual objects. At least, I know I didn't

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

ok ya bunch o chickens... if nobody else will answer. then I will...

When I started... I was a hundred and four years old. It took me that long to convince myself that it was REALLY ok.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I can remember (the shame) back to about 6 years old or so. And I started my period at 12 1/2--6 months AFTER I was baptized. How could I have possibly been 'old enough' to be baptized???

Ravyn

• seedy3
    seedy3

Yes Euphemism I was being actually stupid as the WTS is in their publictions making such statements. They have made it more then once.

Watchtower May 15 1970, p. 315 Avoiding the Snare of Homosexuality ***
    (see also Watchtower October 1 1970, p. 604)

Helpful in this regard, then, is appreciating the fact that autoeroticism or masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts . How so? In that self-induced masturbation may make it easier and more tempting for one to engage in mutual masturbation, which is a form of homosexuality. Sincerely striving against this practice will go far to protect a youth.

Watchtower 1973 Sept 15 pp.564-5 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?

The habitual practice cripples his social and emotional development, hinders his attaining a healthful outlook and attitude toward the other sex and toward people in general. It can 'turn the person inward' upon himself, making him introverted. Or it can, and frequently does, lead into homosexuality , in which the person, not satisfied with his lonely sexual activity, seeks a partner for mutual sex play.

Watchtower 1976 February 15 pp.122-3 You Must Be Holy Because Jehovah Is Holy

Likewise, unclean practices, such as masturbation, which can be a steppingstone to homosexuality , have been dealt with in a serious, yet understanding, way, to help individuals keep clean and pure in Jehovah's eyes.

Your Youth (1976) p.39 Chapter 5 Masturbation and Homosexuality

In fact, masturbation can lead into homosexuality..............

This happens much more frequently than you may realize. Contrary to what many persons think, homosexuals are not born that way, but their homosexual behavior is learned.

Seedy

All Quotes taken from http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/masturbation.htm

• hurt
    hurt

Thank you seedy3 for the quotes;

Again, the watchtower writers are ignorant bastards, too stupid to admit their writings have been demonic.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh lordy, unfortunately no one has got round to telling kids that their parents will be very uncomfortable if they have any sexuality before a culturally predefined point.

It happens; I've read one story where a parent found her six-year old girl masturbating in the bath. The parent was unphased by this, and the little girl askede her if she did it and did she dream about things when she did it. When her mom replied in the affirmative the kid grinned and said she was dreaming about being kidnapped by sexists. I know women who were also having very vauge and primative but undeniably sexual fantasies around that age. I really got turned on by being tied-up in games as a seven year-old kid. I don;t 'remember' masturbating to climax at that age, but I know I played with myself.

It's natural; children do not become sexual beings at x age never having thought about it before. What is vital is that they know enough to protect themselves from sexual predators

• Mary
    Mary
    masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts .

Oh Christ, where do they get this stuff from??? If masturbation leads to "homosexual acts", then every guy on planet earth would be gay...........what a bunch of retards.......

• Piph
    Piph

In my research, I've learned that children who masturbate are often victims of sexual abuse...I'm sure that's not always the case, but in the case of the little girl fantasizing about being attacked, I would certainly guess that's the case with her...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit