Childhood Sexuality

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Now be honest, at what age does a person start to masturbate? Read the link and you will be surprised.

Answer that question in your mind first and after, read this link below.

http://www.parenting-ed.org/handout3/Specific%20Concerns%20and%20Problems/masterbation.htm

• Brummie
    Brummie

JH, you are out of order this evening! Why should people want to disclose information like this?

Cool avatar by the way.

Brummie

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I'll answer almost anything but that is waaaaayyyy to personal.

• minimus
    minimus

JH, I know you'd like to know (for some reason) but this is one of those??? that probably isn't one of your best. I read your source material and 18 months seems to be the correct answer.

• JH
    JH

Children often begin masturbating at around eighteen months of age, says the article.

That surprised me...

Didn't it surprise you?

• Scully
    Scully

I'm not going to answer your question.

However, with regard to the link you posted, I remember talking to an ultrasound technician one time who disclosed to me that if a fetus had its hand "down there" during the course of the ultrasound (concealing the genitalia), it was usually discovered at a later ultrasound (where the hand was not "down there") that the fetus was a male. And at the point where the hand was "down there" it was "exploring".

I wouldn't necessarily classify that as masturbation, since the cause and effect relationship between the stimulus and the sensation it may or may not produce cannot be determined. Fetuses also handle the umbilical cord in utero. Many also suck their thumbs and fingers. Grasping and suckling are important reflexes that newborns need to develop, so it only makes sense that they're already practicing before birth. Perhaps it's just a matter of what they have at their disposal. Goodness knows it's gotta be boring in there!

Love, Scully

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze, I think something that personal is not something anyone else needs or wants to know..........you may as well ask the girls how old they were when they got their first period..........

• seedy3
    seedy3

"Children often begin masturbating at around eighteen months of age, says the article."

So now let me get this straight, If masturbation leads to Homosexuality, and they start masturbating at 18 months does that mean that we are naturally homosexual in nature?? Our parents have to train us to be heterosexual?? This must be studied more througly, somebody needs to contact the Governing body and have them put a stop to this, babies masturbating is just going to casue all of our children to be judged at G"hobah's great day, they will not make it through his judgement!!! We're doomed!!!!!

Whew ok got that off my chest.

Seedy

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

5...at least as far back as I remember...

and no, that article did not surprise me at all.

What disappointed me was that as a little girl I was told that I couldn't do 'that' to myself...(i.e. "play with myself")...because that was only for married people to enjoy. WTF!!!?? The guilt I had was unbelievable everytime I 'satisfied' myself that way. Eventually, I was able to master that urge. (HAR!) ...only for awhile.

I can't tell you what that weirdness did to my first sexual experience with another person.

• JH
    JH
    If masturbation leads to Homosexuality

Says who?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit