Why guys should never expect a straight answer out of a woman

by Maverick 57 Replies latest social relationships

• Maverick
    Maverick

Seems a lot of women applied this topic to themselves. As a former advertiser I know how to get a reaction. That's what the title was all about, ladies! Some of you have taken that title to the negative....so be it! I never said 'no women will give you a straight answer' or 'all women will lie to you guys'. I said guys should not expect a straight answer ... can you see the difference? Generally when men talk, their words are in fact the concept they are trying to get across. Women employ so much more in communicaton. Not bad, just different. I have been accused, privately, of hating women. Not so, and most of the board here I value and respect. I do hate dishonest, deceitful, manipulative people...men and women. I will not cast my pearls on anyone who is not willing to reach out for it. I stand by what I have said. Guys, when a lady likes you, she will make it easy...if after you spend time with a gal and you are not too sure of what the heck happened..this is not a good sign. Don't get your hopes up! Maverick

• ballistic
    ballistic

I am sometimes guilty of being WAY to honest with women. If a woman said, "does my bum look big in this?" I would say, "yes", but I am starting to know better these days.

Women seem to have the natural ability to tell untruths in order to be polite, but I sometimes wonder if this ability extends into one of hiding motives also.

I am being careful not to paint an entire sex with the same brush as it were, just 'cas I've had a few dodgey experiences.

• Xena
    Xena

So you were wanting a "reaction" huh? Sounds a bit on the manipultive side to me....but whatever floats your boat I guess....

Why guys should never expect a straight answer out of a woman

As a woman...I would assume you are speaking to myself and others of my gender....and never say never....

• AlanF
    AlanF

Interesting comments.

All I can say is that I'm very glad that my wife is quite straightforward and generally says exactly what she means and means what she says, since I'm lousy at reading between the lines and picking up subtle clues of the sort talked about here.

AlanF

• Maverick
    Maverick

Well guys, You got her phone number but when you call all you get is her phone machine. Or when you talk to her she tells you to, "call and confirm" before you head over to pick her up. You chat on the net with a lady, when and how do you set up the meet? She brings up the subject of sex on your first date....what should you never do? After you've been out with Miss Right you are confused, what is that telling you? When you first meet a lady you are interested in do you know when to walk away? Or do you wait for her to end the interaction? PM me and I'll set you straight. Never be a stooge again. Maverick

• Robdar
    Robdar

You can always find a woman who'll be more than happy to do anything you want.

Amen to that SealingSalamander. It is amazing to me what women will put up with just to have a man.

They say they want a sweet guy with a great personality but asked them to tell you about their last boyfriend.

Maverick, my ex was a sweet guy with a great personality until he wasn't. That lasted just long enough to get us married. I am still looking for that sweet guy. Know any that you could introduce me to? I have found many with charming personalities but not too many are sweet too. Well, they are sweet enough when they are trying to get some action. But only then.

Robyn

• Realist
    Realist

Robyn,

Amen to that SealingSalamander. It is amazing to me what women will put up with just to have a man.

hey that applies to both sides!

• talesin
    talesin

maverick,

sounds like you have been really burned. sorry, my friend. we (women/people) are not all like that. i'd like to be silly abt this, but you sound v. bitter (read 'hurt') so all i can say is BOTH GENDERS CAN BE MISERABLE **&*^%$'s when they want to.

as we speak, i am waiting on a phone call (not that i'm sweating it too much), and it's not from a female. it's from a male who is just 'dying' to see me again! if he thinks he is increasing my desire by playing games, he is dead wrong (see ya, buddy!), but that's just the way some people have learned to interact.

my laissez-faire attitude allows me to not care too much, but i DO get sick of the f'ing game playing.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Notice guys, that the women have decided I'm bitter, or a women hater. They only read certain parts of my posts and then try and turn this around. Double-speak! Remember this boys, when a woman says, no games, she means yours not hers. When a woman tells you she does not care about looks or money it is because all she cares about is looks and money! If she wasn't thinking about it she would never tell you how unimportant it is! There are a lot of good women out there, you only need one good one, but how do you weed out the gold diggers, nags, inflexable takers? 25% of women marry men they are not in love with. And half of all marriages end in divorce. I am NOT saying it is the ladies fault, but I think that if men had a clue as to what the heck was going on, that number would be lower and both sexes would be happier. There are no tricks here. No one is advocating playing games or tricking the other gender. Guys just need to know what is happening when they interact with the ladies. Most do not. And they get skinned alive for their ignorance. As I see it, the only ladies that would have a problem with this are the ones that take advantage of all the stupid guys out there. Maverick

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It's all a game. You just have to know how to play it. Most guys try to manipulate a woman into bed by buying her dinner and flowers, paying her compliments, getting her drunk etc. But if she's not attracted to you, that's not going to work. There are far more effective methods

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit