Women's March on Washington

by azor 58 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    FedUp: No, in my opinion these are just entitlement minded females who have nothing better to do with their time than whine.

Riiiiiight.....entitled to earn less than their male counterparts. So entitled, aren't they? Dumb women who think they are worth the same as men...huh?...stupid women and their demands for equitable pay, huh?

Dumb women should have stayed home in the kitchen where they belong and be grateful for their entitled positions, right? Who needs equitable pay?

Entitled. Right. Entitled to go out there and earn less than 80% of what they would get if they had been born with a penis.

• azor
    azor

Sanchy again that is not how the tea party started. Movements start somewhere. This is day one of his presidency. Who knows what this will lead to. Anybody who cares about our republic should want both sides to be strong and balanced. Not unhinged as both parties have become. Trump is the republicans unhinging. The regressives are the left's.

• Simon
    Simon

Riiiiiight.....entitled to earn less than their male counterparts. So entitled, aren't they? Dumb women who think they are worth the same as men...huh?...stupid women and their demands for equitable pay, huh?

Dumb women should have stayed home in the kitchen where they belong and be grateful for their entitled positions, right? Who needs equitable pay?

Entitled. Right. Entitled to go out there and earn less than 80% of what they would get if they had been born with a penis.

Well, it's easy to argue against a straw man. But no one said those things.

I'll destroy this lie in more detail on the other thread though ...

• azor
    azor

No need for a straw man Simon. I present a steel man argument. I know you're addressing orphan crow. Why won't you address my point about driving the center to the extremes.

Most people that participated in this are in the center.

• pbrow
    pbrow

What is being taken away from women? It seems to me that the good ol usa is a country that the world can look to for an example of what women can do/become. Housewife, executive, proffessional athlete, hell women can even be clergy now!! Next thing you know we will have women in the most prestigious schools in the nation and then we will have them running for president!

What is being taken away from minorities? Trump wants to seriously look at the problems in immigration, the problem of millions of illegals and a long hard look at immigrants from islamic countries? Shouldnt we already be doing that?

Of the ten or so jobs I have had in my short life from telecommunications to the fire service, women made/make the same as me. It is up to all workers to demand that they are paid what they are worth, through unions or bargaining directly with their employer or starting their own business.

That being said.... March on if thats what floats your boat!!

May America be blessed by the one and only true god, allah

pbrow

• Simon
    Simon

For anyone interested in the wage gap myth:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6410713578864640/_post/6497218783608832

I agree that some things can drive people to the extremes. But the feminist movement has already jumped the shark. They are already a bunch of extremists who instead of arguing their case logically, resort to harassing, bullying and intimidating to get their way. It's all rhetoric and shouting and chanting, not actual information and evidence.

They want to make men the enemy. They are idiots. They hurt the plight of genuinely oppressed women by shouting down any criticism of the regimes and ideologies where there are actual rape-cultures and genuine oppression because they have allowed their movement to be taken over and become one of these oppressive ideologies. They will even attack and harass female reporters if they are critical / refuse to publish their propaganda.

I support true feminism and real women's rights but a lot of these new bunch are just insane.

• never a jw
    never a jw

"Entitled to go out there and earn less than 80% of what they would get if they had been born with a penis."

Maybe men and women are not the same after all. Can we say child bearing time off for example?

If a CEO can get exactly the same productivity from an all female force, but pay only eighty percent of what he pay males, then he should be hiring as many women as possible.

Why CEO's are not doing it? I guess they are idiots, or perhaps men and women are not created equal. You already mentioned a difference that is not irrelevant to the issue. I mentioned another one that is very relevant. I am sure we can come up with some more. Those differences, whether we like them or not, affect productivity, and businesses' main goal is productivity and ultimately, profit.

By the way, I do firmly believe that men have oppressed women for millennia and continue to do so, unfairly. But in a truly free market economy the only thing that matters is profit, not gender or race.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

These questions are why I think those that bring up this point are just posturing - nope, not even close.

I'm an anonymous poster writing comments on an internet discussion forum that has limited appeal to the general public - how could I possibly be posturing?

I'm just genuinely concerned with the lack of perspective by these protestors.

You make a good point, in that how do we stop the mistreatment of women by other countries. What would protesting against those countries accomplish?

But, hang on a sec. Left-wing groups regularly protest against Israel, and Israel just ignores them. Still, that doesn't stop them from protesting, does it?

Recently there was the march for Alleppo (not on Alleppo - that was the Syrian Army!), protesting Putin's and Assad's brutal campaign. And neither Putin nor Assad care much for Western protestors. The peace in Syria wasn't brought about because a few hundred feminists, Green party members and Islamists marched in London.

One way we could help women's lot in other countries is by the use of soft power - making improving women's and minority rights part of trade deals with them, e.g. with Saudi Arabia. And no, I'm not posturing when I suggest this.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Riiiiiight.....entitled to earn less than their male counterparts. So entitled, aren't they? Dumb women who think they are worth the same as men...huh?...stupid women and their demands for equitable pay, huh? . . . . Entitled. Right. Entitled to go out there and earn less than 80% of what they would get if they had been born with a penis.

The "less than 80%" figure is bullshit. Women's earnings for the same job description when having the same experience are within 4% of the average earning by men in that field.

The fact that the average woman's earning (all fields) is about 80% of the average man's earning (when education is equivalent, ie, bachelor degrees) is because women choose fields that pay less than fields that men gravitate towards. Female nurses make the same (approx) as male nurses. Female teachers make the same (approx) as male teachers. Female programmers make the same as male programmers.

The 20% difference is, for example, that female teachers (with BS) do not make the same as male construction managers (with BS). But female construction managers do earn appox the same. They just don't choose to go into that field of work as often as do men.

Additionally, women often lose some years of experience when they choose to take lengthy periods of time off to have children causing a shortfall in their earnings. Men's earnings would likely show the same decline if they took the same sabbaticals for any reason.

http://www.payscale.com/gender-lifetime-earnings-gap

In my experience, in today's marketplace a women with the same (but no better) education and experience than a man will get the position over the man because there is pressure to diversify the workforce. In fact, many jobs have "quotas" (though they call them "goals"). This is even more true for a woman who is also a minority and is especially true for positions within the Federal government. A woman who is also a minority allows a business to "check off" TWO of their EEO quotas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit