They are all dead!

by Sour Grapes 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The Watchtower Company and the Jdubs talk so nonchalantly about the year 1914, the year they say Jesus became king in the heavenly kingdom. They talk about the year like it was just a short time ago. The invisible king began ruling in the invisible kingdom. How convenient.

You will not hear the Watchtower drones say that every man, women, and child who were alive when Jesus became king are now dead. They are all dead. Before too long the second batch of every man, women, and child will grow old and die too as we wait for Paradise just around the corner.

Sour Grapes

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Contrary to what many Jehovah`s witnesses believe Paradise is not just around the corner according to the Governing Body`s own writings / teachings .

The survivors of Armageddon have the job of a massive clean up to do not only with the dead bodies/bones of millions destroyed but also getting rid of all the concrete cities that cover the earth .

Then they have to deal with all of the resurrected ones that come forth many of which rebel against the new system of things for whatever reason

Why do I say this ? because at the end of the thousand year reign of JC Satan is let loose on the earth again by this loving God Jehovah to again mislead as many as he can which the Bible says are as many as the sands of the sea-shore. Rev.20: 7-9

It doesn`t sound like a paradise any time soon to me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

104 years ! And not one Sign that Jesus has done anything but sit. He has sat through all the terrible wars, genocide, crimes etc etc of the 20th and early 21st Centuries, and done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !

Time is actually catching up with their totally hilarious "Overlapping Generation" thing too, they put a limit upon that.

Time for some New Light ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think they're all dead yet, are they? Probably still tens of thousands alive at least.

• cofty
    cofty

Don't forget it was the generation of people old enough to observe the events of 1914 until the cult lost its nerve and changed it to those born in that year. Fourteen years old in 1914 was the generally accepted limit. That would make them 118 now.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The cult's calculation of the generation which "saw all these things" was once worded as being any Bible Student/JW (not worldly person!)) who was old enough and spiritually aware of the significance of that year, as is seen in the first reference below. The other references confirm the "truth" which the faithful slave fed to J.W.'s

This would imply that a Bible Student (soon to be a JW) would have to have been at least 12-14 years old to be cognizant of the events unfolding in 1914 - making their year of birth 1900-1902. There are not that many 116-118 year old JW's living near me.

*** w78 10/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers - Jesus said “this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.” Which generation is this, and how long is it?

“Based on the Bible and its fulfillment in history, Jehovah’s Witnesses (not the Bible!) have often pointed out that Christ’s prophecy was to have two applications: First, between 33 C.E. and the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 C.E.; second, a larger fulfillment in this “time of the end” since 1914 C.E.......Thus, when it comes to the application in our time, the “generation” logically would not apply to babies born during World War I. It applies to Christ’s followers and others who were able to observe that war and the other things that have occurred in fulfillment of Jesus’ composite “sign.”

w51 6/1 p. 335 par. 10 - “Bible chronology told us that these events were due to start A.D. 1914. The Watchtower has repeatedly published this date with proof of its Scripturalness, the first time being in 1880, thirty-four years in advance. Hence our generation is the generation that will see the start and finish of these things, including Armageddon.”

w53 2/15 p. 124 par. 35 - The generation that began to see these things in 1914 will witness the final accumulated judgments of Jehovah God, though some individuals who are part of this generation may die before the end of this world’s system of things takes place.”

w62 3/1 p. 132 -This generation of mankind that is hearing the good news of God’s kingdom and that saw the beginning of world sorrows in 1914 would also see the end of those sorrows in this world’s destruction.”

w69 2/15 p. 101 - “However, there are people still living who were alive in 1914 and saw what was happening then and who were old enough that they still remember those events.”

ml p. 24 par. 35 - “At Job 24:1 we read: “The day of reckoning is no secret to the Almighty, though those who know him have no hint of its date.” (The New English Bible)

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you ^^^

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Great minds Cofty. :)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wonder how many 104 year olds there are alive in the world today? must be a very tiny few

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It was the generation that saw 1914 and understood those events. I can almost guarantee there are zero 118 year old Jehovahs witnesses (that were also jw's back then) alive now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit