"Do JW's and Born-Again Christians have something in common?

by jads 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Remember that episode on The Simpsons when the Movementarians roll into Springfield and convert everyone except Marge, Reverand Lovejoy, and Ned Flanders? That was a combo of the Witnesses and Born Again Christians if ever there was one. The Leader promised them "eternal bliss" on another planet, repeated catchy frases (na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-Leeee-deeeer!!) and brainwashed them all. It was only when Homer tasted that "sweet, sweet beer" that he woke up and realized what was going on.

I always wonder why it is that prisoners that have committed the most horrible crimes, suddenly become "Born Again" while they're on death row. I guess it's partly because they want an absolution for what they've done and they want to hear someone, anyone say "you're forgiven". Carla Fay Tucker, Jeffery Dalmer, that one creepy guy who murdered his mother and stepfather in a Satanic ritual, the list goes on and on...........

Wonder how many of these wackos become Witnesses before they get The Chair................

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Myxo,

**** Christians don't preach an organization, 1914, classes of salvation, or annihilation of everyone not in a VISIBLE organization, nor an INVISIBLE (heretical) presence of CHRIST. ummmm, yeah. ****

I think you better give that statement a second thought.

Almost all of the entire western hemisphere's population is in fact 'christian' due to the preaching (missionary) work of one particular church.

Not to mention if you can get any of the adherents to 'christian religions' to admit openly(that is difficult esp for jw's) that they do in fact believe that they will not receive 'paradise', heaven, a thrown, from their god.......UNLESS they follow the rules of their selected faith.

In other words, follow the way or die.

That is a commonality of the majority of all religions on earth. Not so easy to dismiss this reality.

Good try tho Myxo.

Danny

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Your all wrong.I'm a Born-Again Christian, I was a JW but left because they don't teach what Jesus taught or really teach who Jesus was. JW'S DON'T Follow the Bible, they just think they do. A real Christian follows Only the Bible/Jesus not sinful men. JW'S are liar's an then some, come on now, you know what I mean. I can go on an on about this. But I do like to say that I'm a much better person now then I was that's for sure. I thank Jesus (The Word) for that. I'm nicer, not so judgemental, helpful, more caring about how other people feel, not so depress. Plus I have the wisdom from God and His Hope for mankind Not sinful mankinds false ideas. I'm just a better person that's all, an I'm happy now. Well that's my two cent on this thread!

The lazy rebuttal:

Your all wrong.I'm a JW , I was a Born-Again Christian but left because they don't teach what Jesus taught or really teach who Jesus was. Born-Again Christian's DON'T Follow the Bible, they just think they do. A real Christian follows Only the Bible/Jesus not sinful men. Born-Again Christian's are liar's an then some, come on now, you know what I mean. I can go on an on about this. But I do like to say that I'm a much better person now then I was that's for sure. I thank Jehovah God for that. I'm nicer, not so judgemental, helpful, more caring about how other people feel, not so depress. Plus I have the wisdom from God and His Hope for mankind Not sinful mankinds false ideas. I'm just a better person that's all, an I'm happy now. Well that's my two cent on this thread!

Same sh*t, different shovel!

• Mary
    Mary

The lazy, LAZY rebuttal:

Your all wrong.I'm a Democrat, I was a Republican but left because they don't teach what Jesus taught or really teach who Jesus was. Republicans DON'T Follow the Bible, they just think they do. A real politician follows Only the Bible/Jesus not sinful men. Republicans are liar's an then some, come on now, you know what I mean. I can go on an on about this. But I do like to say that I'm a much better person now then I was that's for sure. I thank Bill Clinton for that. I'm nicer, not so judgemental, helpful, more caring about how other people feel, not so depress. Plus I have the wisdom from God and His Hope for mankind Not sinful mankinds false ideas. I'm just a better person that's all, an I'm happy now. Well that's my two cent on this thread!

LOL!!!

• KGB
    KGB

Well I'm a Christian who has always been a Christian who almost became a JW, I don't feel I am the same as the JW and I will say this I actually feel better about myself than when I was involved. Being a Christian has allowed me to feel more free than I was allowed to be in the JW religion. It was controlled and very judgemental.

I have noticed that some people have taken some things wrong here on this board when another has had there feelings hurt or there beliefs smeared in the mud and when the person who was hurt fights back they are accused of being judgemental against others. I have noticed other people outside of this board even who claim that they are Christian take some things to personal and accuse others of judging them. I think it's there own conscience that bothers them.

I know I have nothing in common with the JW as my Christian faith gives all my glory and love to Christ which the JW's do not. I don't believe in shunning other people no matter who they are or what they do and I know for a fact that there are some here who are also not JW who also shun others. They do not believe in the JW religion but they do act out in some of there same policies.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Plus I have the wisdom from God and His Hope for mankind Not sinful mankinds false ideas.

This is exactly why they are the same. Absolutely the same. Judgmental to the highest degree.

Anyone not born again is part of sinful mankind, and has no valid ideas or hopes. Sad.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

KGB,

****I have noticed other people outside of this board even who claim that they are Christian take some things to personal and accuse others of judging them. I think it's there own conscience that bothers them.****

The above statement really confirms the point as regards judgemental attitudes of 'true believer's'.

Essentially the 'saved'/'born again'/ jw/jw elder, must constantly remind themselves of their sinful nature. They must be ever mindful of every nuaunce of speech and action......so as not to offend or violate some biblical injunction. Then when confronted with even reasonable inquiry as to the validity of their belief(s), they almost invariably take a rigid posture of defense.

If Christ really set you free, no question, no 'doubting Thomas', should or would even get a rise. The truth should stand alone on its merit to any observer or investigator.

The observations made by Funky, Mulan, City, and others should provide a wonderful opportunity for fellas like you to present rock solid arguments to us doubter's. Yet it always seems to deteriorate into...........the kind of comments Nou has displayed.

Very little reasoning, but a whole lot of condemnation.

As Mulan said........very sad.

Danny

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

Danny boy,

Myxo,

<<<I think you better give that statement a second thought.

Almost all of the entire western hemisphere's population is in fact 'christian' due to the preaching (missionary) work of one particular church.>>>

Danny, I think you misunderstood, I didn't say Christians did not preach, obviously they do. I was showing that what is preached is phenomenally different. Did you think Christians preached 1914, a heavenly and earthly class, an ORGANIZATION, or an invisible presence of Christ then? I wasn't aware of this :)

<<<<Not to mention if you can get any of the adherents to 'christian religions' to admit openly(that is difficult esp for jw's) that they do in fact believe that they will not receive 'paradise', heaven, a thrown, from their god.......UNLESS they follow the rules of their selected faith.>>>>

ummmmm, because rules in Christianity is STRICTLY forbidden, therefore you wouldn't have rules to follow. (there's a great article about this on Freeminds somewhere,, I can't find it at the moment) The way that you stated it is that if you don't do certain 'works' you don't REALLY think you are saved. As a Christian I would have to say that is absolutely absurd, perhaps you don't know as much about Christianity as you suppose. It's interesting that you should say that, because in talking openly to a JW, I was arguing the VERY Christian position that THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO.. and you know what? He scoffed and said, 'oh, ok, so let's just sit on our arses and do nothing'

(*by the way, JW's are not a Christian religion by any stretch of the imagination. it's all milk and water)

Here is the conversation which was quite awhile ago, which I saved. You can judge for yourself how alike the Christian and JW position is alike from a conversation between myself and one (with regard to doing works) (no, I did not make this up) I think perhaps instead of telling you NO, and you telling me that I'm 'just not admitting it' this will have to be my proof, since it was between myself and a JW quite a long time ago actually.

JW: and how then in MAtt 24:14 supposed to be fulfilled on that basis? 'Faith without works is dead' as it says in James

ME: Alright, that's a good point, but there are far many more passages in the bible that speak of salvation by Grace through Faith

JW: so you just ignore the ones that talk about preaching to people?

*****JW: nowhere does it talk about grace through faith alone. nowhere*****

ME: Ok, if you want me to look up the exact verses, ermmm,,, i'm very slow, it'll take time

ME: not at all ignore the ones about preaching to people

JW1: i know the verses you are going to quote, all the born again christians quote the same ones so dont bother

JW: ive been there

JW: done that

JW: and theres no point

JW: you annot and will not accept the need to get up and do something
    JW: like witness to people

*Myx: in other words, I don't believe there are RULES to be followed, WORKS to be done in order to be saved. Neither do any Christians for the most part.*

ME: ok, as for the verse that says salvation by Grace through Faith, ::::::Ephesians 2:5 It is by Grace that you have been saved, and that not of yourself, it is a gift from God, NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SHOULD BOAST

JW: yes thats talking about Jehovahs mercy, check the original greek

JW: and when you read the original greek you find paul was saying that this mercy is a gift from JAh so none of us should boast about our own works

JW: now explain the scipture in James that says faith without workds is dead
    JW: how do you get round that?

JW: then tally it up with Matt 24:13- he that has endured to the END is the one that shall be saved. how do you explina that?

JW: and the end hasnt arrived yet

ME: alright, : Salvation from God's wrath, which we incurred by our sinfulness, and establishes the necessity of faith in Christ as the only means of being made right with God, not from yourselves, no human effort can contribute to our salvation, it is a gift from God, one cannot earn salvation by observing the law: Romans 3:20, 28, such a legalistic approach to salvation is consistently condemned in the scripture

*******JW: absolute crap******* (Myx: ABSOLUTE CRAP, oh, very much alike)

ME: I don't have to explain anything, the bible says it again, over and over .....Grace, grace grace grace grace grace, freely given

jonnytriphers: *fred answer me this, do you believe you have to WORK (do works) for Salvation??

JW: i believe you have to work for salvation yes. I believe God loves us and if we accept knowledge and do what he requires of us we will be saved at the END of this system of things

*Myx: this is at a point when he decided I was from the devil, and it wasn't safe to keep contact with me anymore, I called him a coward*

JW: really? you think its cowardly. yet im the one who drags my arse out to preach to strangers about the good news

JW: what do you do?

JW: oh you sit and say youve been saved

*Myx: there you go, I won't 'admit' to the need for rules, because I DO NOT BELIEVE IN IT, further, THE SCRIPTURES DO NOT TEACH IT, they teach that Salvation is FREE*

JW: how convenient

ME: Oh, good for you *fred, and wow, it's so nice to see that your not self righteous whatsoever about it

JW: you were the one calling me cowardly

ME: THERE ARE NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO NOT EVEN ONE

JW: i was defending myself

ME: we are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

JW: lol

JW: so lets just all sit on our arses then yey

JW: why bother

ME: Ok, it's obvious, that you are clearly superior to me because of your door to door work

JW: well its obvious one of us is doing the right thing

JW: you believe its you

JW: i believe its me

ME: no, i never said i was doing anything!!

ME: I said I believe that CHRIST did EVERYTHING for me!!!!

ME: I'm not going to take any fucking glory for myself

ME: i've done nothing

*Myx: to which he found 'scary' that a Christian literally can do NOTHING in order to EARN salvation. And by the way, after that he didn't speak to me for months. Very similar is it?

Danny: That is a commonality of the majority of all religions on earth. Not so easy to dismiss this reality.

Myx: sadly it is, good thing to look for and if you see it, avoid that certain group.

Good try tho Myxo.

*Myx: Good try Danny

Myxomatosis

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Myxo,

Ok I get your point. Just believing is all that is required, right?

Wrong. Christians no matter the particular sect or persuastion, share the same basic fundemental dogma. You must accept Jesus as your personal saviour, you must believe he actually exisited, you must believe that he is God or the son of God....your choice.

You cannot deny that unless someone subscribes to the above he cannot really call him/herself a true Christian. Right?

Then if you dig just a little further beneath this Free Gift you so like to talk about.......the true Christian must also realize that his belief now condemns all others who do not hold to or accept Jesus are doomed to destruction. Don't pull a jw on me and try and deny this, ok.

This is the basic dilema most all of the worlds religions face....they present themselves as generally very magnanomous about other religious beliefs, but when you really corner them, make them confess their true beliefs about all non-believer's, they must if truly honest admit.........DO IT OUR WAY OR YOU DIE!

That was my whole point in responses as to why 'born again'....'allah praisers'....whomever all share something very much in common.

YOUR DOOMED AND OF SATAN THE DEVIL...........if you don't do it our way.

Danny

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    YOUR DOOMED AND OF SATAN THE DEVIL...........if you don't do it our way.

Danny

That's the crux of any fundy religion. And they wonder why they are victims of widespread critisism and derision...

ash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit