"Do JW's and Born-Again Christians have something in common?

by jads 57 Replies latest jw friends

• jads
    jads

This might be funny to some people but I really feel that the reason that JW's and Born Again Christians hate each other so much is because they are so much alike. They see themselves in each other. I have been on both sides of the spectum and believe me all of the Born-Agains that post on this site are more like JW's then they want to admit to themselves. What do you think?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Yes each are equally annoying.

• AlanF
    AlanF

You've hit the nail on the head, Jads!

Jim Penton is fond of saying, "JWs and Christian Fundamentalists are pups from the same bitch."

AlanF

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Having been a born-again fundamentalist and later a JW, I agree that they are more similar than different.

• integ
    integ

Yes......Hamas said it best.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Yes, both are into mind control, telling you how to live your life. What you should and shouldn't do, watch, act. Both are full of s&*t!!!!!

• libra_spirit
    libra_spirit

jads,

Right on, however I think that most of the fundamintalists are usually more vocal about things when they actually get into Biblical discussions. The JW's will back down and dissapear, to go look it up in the Publications because they don't really know. The fundamintalsts seem to want to do battle for Jesus in the square. The dubs seem to want to validate the Org. using its own reasonings and literature. But the intention is the same, to convert everyone who is not in thier own mindset. Most are very rooted in thier narrow view. And both show a great oversimplification for the text of the Bible, its origins, and an understanding of the time when it was written.

• archangel01
    archangel01

Your all wrong.I'm a Born-Again Christian, I was a JW but left because they don't teach what Jesus taught or really teach who Jesus was. JW'S DON'T Follow the Bible, they just think they do. A real Christian follows Only the Bible/Jesus not sinful men. JW'S are liar's an then some, come on now, you know what I mean. I can go on an on about this. But I do like to say that I'm a much better person now then I was that's for sure. I thank Jesus (The Word) for that. I'm nicer, not so judgemental, helpful, more caring about how other people feel, not so depress. Plus I have the wisdom from God and His Hope for mankind Not sinful mankinds false ideas. I'm just a better person that's all, an I'm happy now. Well that's my two cent on this thread!

• Francois
    Francois

Pretty good, archangel01, you say you're not so judgemental, but fully 80% of your post is negative judgementalism. I see hypocrisy runs at full tilt in the fundys just like it does with JWs, who are fundys, too.

• rocketman
    rocketman

It seems to perhaps be oversimplifying a bit to say that they are a lot alike. I do think that both groups feel strongly about their faith and sharing it with others. From their perspective, that's what they want to do, though it can indeed be annoying.

Of course, there are similarities in fundamentalist religions. It's just hard to say, from my knowledge of both, if they are more alike than they are different. I always thought of the two as almost polar opposites, but in thinking about it, that may indeed not be the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit