What's the difference? Million? Billion? Trillion? For the curious among us ...

by Terry 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

A Millionaire, a Billionaire, and a Trillionaire recognize each other outside an attorney’s office. Chat reveals each of them just signed off on their Last Will and Testament.

Millionaire: “I feel really good about what I did here today. I’m having the executor of my estate divide my wealth evenly among the entire population of the United States.”

Billionaire: “Wow - great minds think alike. I just did the same thing.”

Trillionaire: “Unbelievable - me too!”

Nearby, the Receptionist is listening. She can’t help herself - curiosity is killing her.
    She interrupts.

“I couldn’t help overhearing. I want to thank each of you for what you’ve done.
    I can’t help being curious.
    How much will I receive from each of you - if you don’t mind me asking?”

Millionaire: “Hmm. There are 330 million people. A million divided by 330 million is …
    Well, it looks like you won’t get anything!
    3 cents! Not worth the effort of paying.”

Billionaire: “Let me see … one billion divided by 330 million is…
    Three dollars and three cents.”

Trillionaire: “I’ve just looked at my calculator here and it looks like you’ll get from me …
    $3030.30 - Three Thousand and thirty dollars and thirty cents.”

Receptionist is stunned, but she puts on a brave face.
    “(Sigh.) I don’t want to sound ungrateful but - you haven’t really done much for my family.”

The three wealthy men look at each other and nod their heads.
    “Let’s go back in there and tear up those wills and just spend it on our own families!”

Note: In the American system, one trillion is one thousand times one billion.

At $15 an hour, it takes a working stiff 32 years to earn 1 MILLION dollars.

At $15 an hour, it takes a working stiff 32,051 years to earn 1 BILLION dollars.
    At $15 an hour, it takes a working stiff 32,051,000 to earn 1 TRILLION dollars.

(Wages alone)
    ___

• Terry
    Terry
    • 1 second is 1 second
    • 1 million seconds is 12 days (a vacation)
    • 1 billion seconds is 30 years (a career)
    • 1 trillion seconds is 30,000 years (longer than human civilization)
      “One part per million” is often used by chemists to measure concentrations of substances.
      One ppm is like having a presence of 1 second in 12 days.
      And a part per trillion?
      You got it: 1 second every 30,000 years.
      That’s tiny.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

If the odds are a Million ,a Billion ,or a Trillion to one , whether I get the Corona Virus or not ,and I get it ,what difference does it make what odds their was ?

( Am I the only curious one so far ? )

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If a stack of a 1,000 $1 bills was 1 foot high:

- a million would be as high as the Empire State Building in New York City

- a billion would extend 189 miles into space, or around the earth approx. 7 and a half times

- a trillion would extend 189,000 miles into space or around the earth approx 7,500 times

That's a lot of bills.

Rub a Dub

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

And imagine that all good jw's will live for TRILLIONS of years in paradise!

just saying!

• menrov
    menrov

I still lack 999,999.00 to reach my first million......yeah....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Stolen from a Facebook meme:

There should be NO billionaires.

Once you reach $999 Million, all further earnings go to taxes for the poor, you get a trophy that says "I won capitalism" and they name a dog park after you.

• Simon
    Simon

I liked the democrat math, where they thought that Bloomberg spending $400m on his campaign could have given everyone in the US (330m people) over $1m each.

That was tweeted and then repeated on camera with graphics. So many people, and no one said "wait a minute - that doesn't add up?"

They are not sending their best.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

They are not sending their best.

Simon ...

Sadly, that my be their best.

Rub a

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

1 million seconds is 11 days

1 billion seconds is 31 years

1 trillion seconds is 31000 years