How Do You Think The USA Should Allow Illegal Immigrants To Freely Flow Into The Country?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

No entry! no exceptions! Take care of our poor first

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Let's say the wall is built and is definitely keeping Mexicans from getting into the country, OK, no more illegals from Mexico, fine. Now, how do we build a wall in the Atlantic Ocean or in the sky to keep the illegals from Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti and so many other places from coming from the U.S.? His followers are always ready to shout "build that wall", but that's just taking care of one country. How do you keep everyody else out, "build that wall in the sky"? . . . "build that wall in the Atlantic Ocean!" . . .? ?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Now, how do we build a wall in the Atlantic Ocean or in the sky to keep the illegals from Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti and so many other places from coming from the U.S.? - with some considerable difficulty, I'd imagine.

Illegal immigrants coming in from the air could be locked up and deported.

With illegals coming by boat, I suppose turning their boats around and towing them back could be an option, so too could just sinking their boats when they enter US waters.

His followers are always ready to shout "build that wall", but that's just taking care of one country - before Trump's administration clamped down on the Mexican border, more other immigrants from other Central and South American countries were crossing that border than were coming in by sea or air. So, tightening up the Mexican border first makes complete sense.

How do you keep everyody else out, "build that wall in the sky"? . . . "build that wall in the Atlantic Ocean!" . . .? ? - again, it will be difficult for the US to do this.

TBH, I don't get your line of reasoning. You seem to be implying that fighting illegal immigration is hopeless. It's almost as if saying "immigrants will come in from the sea and the air, so why bother with tightening the land border?"

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Shirley. The number of immigrants in March alone was about 130k. The number of births by black women last month... 48000. Let that sink in.

Those who arrive by plane enter legally and overstay. That can be controlled as well.

The southern border allows people dire t access to already strained and often economically repressed people making their situations worse.

Middle class and rich dems are not exposed to the economic and social destruction that these people are bringing.

It has a direct and acute impact on lower middle and lower class citizens who are slowly waking up to the fact that the democratic party is injuring them

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    The number of births by black women last month... 48000. Let that sink in.

Explain that for me, so I get the full understanding of what you're saying about African American women giving birth, since we're talking about immigrants from all over the universe

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    TBH, I don't get your line of reasoning. You seem to be implying that fighting illegal immigration is hopeless

Yeah, it kinda is, this illegal immigrant thing didn't just start with the current POTUS you know, so yeah it kinda is hopeless. I live in Queens, NY which is the most diverse part of all of NYC. There are 65 I believe it is different languages being spoken in my borough. I have a supermarket a few blocks down the block from me that is strictly Halal, no pork products allowed, even in other supermarkets they sell Halal poultry. If someone from the south came up to just about any part of the city they would see women with the faces all covered up walking down the street, Lord knows what they would think. THe problem of illegals will never be 100 per cent nipped in the bud.

Just like the drug problem, how is that after all we've heard over the decades about stronger rules to stop drugs coming in from other countries, has anything really changed? Of course not.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Pray tell what relevancy 48,000 black babies have to do with 130,000 immigrants last month?

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I'm black. I have lived in the South and up North.

I have watched and still watch the hispanic population boom economically cripple the black community in so many ways it is insane.

Black people have been in this country since its inception and their population has been surpassed by hispanic immigration in basically a period of 30 years .

They have negative views of Black people, directly compare for housing and jobs and they do not assimilate.

As more arrive they continue to outnumber and extract resources that should be given to legal citizens black or white.

They are destroying school systems, taking jobs, and extracting resources that should be used to assist citizens of this country.

As more come their numbers are exceeding the birthrates of what was once the largest minority in this coubtry

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I live in Queens, NY which is the most diverse part of all of NYC. There are 65 I believe it is different languages being spoken in my borough. I have a supermarket a few blocks down the block from me that is strictly Halal, no pork products allowed, even in other supermarkets they sell Halal poultry - there's nothing wrong with living in a diverse area.

I live in Bolton, Greater Manchester.

Bolton has always had a sizeable Asian community (in the UK we use 'Asian' to refer to Indians and Pakistanis, not Chinese/Japanese/Korean) so there are plenty of Muslims and Hindus. There are also newer groups - Poles, Kurds and Sudanese. Nothing wrong with this.

But what's cultural diversity got to do with (uncontrolled) illegal immigration?

this illegal immigrant thing didn't just start with the current POTUS you know, so yeah it kinda is hopeless - this is defeatism right here, pure and simple.

Illegal immigrants must never be allowed to dictate to a country - hell, even legal immigrants mustn't be allowed to dictate to a country.

The country (in this case, the US) should dictate terms to immigrants.

Illegal immigration, like a range of other serious issues such as knife crime, gun crime, terrorism, racism, can never be stopped 100%. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Ok Silent, didn't know you were black, but this whole thread is about Illegal immigrants, so what do "our people" have to do with "illegal" folks within the United States.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit