I am tired of thinking like a victim....

by Ravyn 34 Replies latest jw friends

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Hi Ravyn~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can understand your frustration with wanting to make change. Wanting so badly others to take stand. And wanting the change to be today.

I think you will be surprised as to how many are engaged and making a awareness regarding the org and their policies.

Its true each of us are on the recovery road at different places. Personally myself I am at a place to channel my energies in making awareness of the atrocity(sp) of the org. Its my way of taking my power back.

I think you would be surprised as to how many are working for awareness and change.

I support you in taking care of yourself. Thats something as women don't do .

All the Best, OCW

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Ravyn---

Start thinking like a survivor. (afterall you are one)

I wish you the best on your new found journey.

May it be kind to you.

Spice

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Rosa Parks was the perfect illustration - she was the catalyst for a social revolution. But there was so much work done behind the scenes before that! The right people, the right places. MLK had to get into position. Underground movements. Changes in media portrayals of blacks. Then the world was ready for Parks.

In our battle against the Cult, we must build and build. Get to know each other. The enemy. Then we will find our Rosa Parks. And strike!

CZAR

• Prisca
    Prisca

Using that anology, perhaps the SilentLambs movement (not necessarily the organisation) is the Rosa Parks of today? Due to drawing awareness to the issue of non-reporting of child molestation, the WTS is now facing law suits and negative publicity. The WTS won't fall in one fell swoop, but brick by brick it is being pulled apart.

• teejay
    teejay

I can relate to your comments about those who complain and do nothing. Like you many people don't know what to do. Even when given suggestions some people still don't do anything - out of apathy? fear? seeming lack of ability? Money? perhaps other reasons. -- Lady Lee

Since I've been posting on the Net, I've had a hard time understanding the almost religious zeal that more than just a few ex-JWs have of tearing down the Tower. Some ex-JWs are so intent on that objective that their every thought and effort seems to be directed toward that goal. Personally, I'm a live and let live sort of guy. Just as I want JWs to leave me alone and let me live my life however I want, I am more than willing to let them do the same.

A JW that finds a stuffed lamb and the door of the Kingdom Hall is perhaps so uninformed about the pedophile issue that that their reaction to the cute little toy might very well be, "oh, isn't that cute! I'll take it home and let little Mary play with it." Or they'll do what any of us might do when finding a toy that's been discarded by someone else: throw it in the trash. Silentlambs (or "U.N.") leaflets handed out at assemblies or that a JW might find on their windshield or in the door when they get back home may very well be greeted as "persecution." That's how I viewed that kinda stuff when I was a Dub.

Since I lived that life for more than thirty years, I understand the monumental waste of time and even destructive behaviors that are part of what JWs live with. But I think that the majority of the efforts that ex-JWs expend in trying to "help" JWs know the truth about The Truthâ„¢ is a big waste of time.

Read any bio of an ex-JW and time and time again you will see that what got them to thinking never was the efforts of an ex-JW "apostate" but something within the personal life of the ex-JW themselves. And generally that "something" was totally beyond the control of any ex-JW anywhere. (For example, read JT's bio. Find out what got this elder -- a former Bethelite who was on the Fast Track® -- to take a look at his religion.) Like it was with me and I suspect most of us here: Unless something happens to them personally that triggers a question of importance that cannot be dismissed in one's own mind, most of what an ex-JW does to extricate an ex-JW from the Organization will be largely unsuccessful.

That's just the way it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit