I am tired of thinking like a victim....

by Ravyn 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

oh noOoo Ravyn, you cant cut back, we need someone to lead into temptation.

Brummie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Rosa Parks got tired of it all one day, and refused to give up her seat. A small act by a seemingly insignificant person. Yet her arrest was the catalyst for a revolution of freedom that was ripe for action. Revolutions do not happen in a day, and not everybody can be a Martin Luther King. Yet we can all still contribute in our own way.

Me, I believe in the philosophy of "one at a time". How can I convince a man by shouting at him? But if that man knows me well, he cannot escape the truth of my existence. I must win my private war first. Then we can talk about the rest.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

oh brummie your sweet little puddy face makes me want to kiss you all over!

so did I go where you were leading?

Ravyn

• little witch
    little witch

Ravyn

I know you are just getting over reading COC,

And I know (as many others here do), the shock you are going through. You are used to having SOMEONE tell you how to dress, how to speak, how to behave, and most importantly, WHAT TO THINK.

Please, learn how to think all for yourself. Do something YOU want to do for a change. Say something no one else agrees with.

Wear something you have never worn before.

Cuss. I mean it. Say a filthy word.........Then giggle.

You don't need a ''leader''.

Find your voice, and let us all hear the real Berylblue!!!!!

Don't look for a replacement for the blotchtower, Be Free, and Be happy. Then change one heart at a time.....

You are gonna be ok, hon.... I see you growing everyday...Soon, you will be giving advice to victims, cause you will know exactly what they are going through.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    so did I go where you were leading?

hahaha, You are doing a grand job so dont stop just yet...

Brummie

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

actually I have been out for 7 years and I read COC about 8 yrs ago...the first time....I think perhaps I am looking at others here as being out as long as I have been and maybe they are not. But I was particularly frustrated at ones who say they have been out for 10 or 20 yrs who still cant bring themselves to do anything more than ride the pity train to whine ville. I still dont feel like I can publish that autobiography, but I do feel like the time to strike is now. and i hear people complaining about what to do what to do...and yet they are not willing to do!

ok my activist phase is quickly fading with no active support from others(I mean in the right here right now kinda way)...don't worry this too must pass.

but I am not volunteering anymore. I got out on my own, so can anyone else. so there.

Ravyn

PS me and Brummie will go off in some dark corner of the closet and purr to each other...

• Brummie
    Brummie
    PS me and Brummie will go off in some dark corner of the closet and purr to each other...

Yes you ARE still going where I'm leading...

Brummie

• larc
    larc

Ravyn,

I think you underestimate the power of what has been done. Let us look at some what has been accomplished.

Books

The books of Ray Franz and Jim Penton have helped tens of thousands of people. Other books have helped as well, such as those by Richard Hickman, Jean Eason, Cretean and many others.

The Internet

How about the contributions of Doug Checkets, Alan F, Kent, Norm, Jim Whitney, just to name a few.

How about the sites like this one and many others that have given information to those who lurk and are on the fence. I remember a woman posting here who got on the internet and in just a few short hours, she came to understand the real problems in her religion and left.

Ravyn, the growth rate in internet connected countries is zero. It is working.

Rain drops

We are not talking about a few drops here and there. We are talkin about a continual thunder storm that is erroding the very foundations of the Witness religion.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Rain drops

We are not talking about a few drops here and there. We are talkin about a continual thunder storm that is erroding the very foundations of the Witness religion.

Hear, hear Larc

Damn fine statement.

(( Ravyn ))

I am sorry you are hurting.

Hugs

Cassi

• cornish
    cornish

When myself and another JW in my congregation saw the light and got out of the borg,one of the first things we did was to do a demo outside the kingdom hall,we had this PA and played some excerpts of their own assembly talks back to them,like,'Dont wait till 75 brothers,the doors gonna be shut before then,' and 'Stay alive to 75,' we also had some interesting banners.

anyway,as for the effect on the loyal dubs giong to the meeting,I doubt it did much,but for me it was great,I really enjoyed not being the victim,but taking it to the borg,going on the assault,it got a lot out of my system,

but in reality I think it is the more subtle campaigns like on the net that have the greatest effect on undermining the borg,but for me thereputically,the other sort worked better at that particular time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit