Field service shit show

by solomon 34 Replies latest jw friends

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I was out in FS today, actually I had to take the group.

LOL I am the biggest “apostate” in town, done more damage locally than WT knows.

We call having anything to do with Watchtology “showing the face”. Meetings FS or conventions.

LOL the summer convention was a quick walk around the grounds to be seen by elder types. Then off to sight seeing.

Talking to the dubs is dismal. Some are burnt in, cooked to the core. Others are obviously doing their own “showing the face” and don’t realize they are half out.

Weather was poor, perfect day for FS. Drove to see one call, guy was completely disinterested. Then off to coffee. Day was done.

And that was too much. Ok, I’m done for a month.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Showing the face. I like that.

I am sure there are others, but no way to feel them out. I get stern looks and kickback when i mention how 65 years ago we were in the last minutes too.

Is the no records an european thing? So far in the US I havent heard it

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Image result for golden arches

We spent a lot of hours in Field Circus under the Golden Arches

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

One of the last times I went out in service I accidentally went to a dnc man he was pissed. I had a cheesy grin on my face because I thought it was no big deal. After waking up I realized for a lot of people it is a big deal!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have a hard time getting my head around you guys that are MOPI ,and still actually go out in FS .

I know you guys have valid reasons for justifying /rationalising your participating in this ,but I just can`t get my head around it.

Maybe its just me but I couldn`t do it under any circumstances .

I can understand doing the token meeting attendance now and again ,

but FS ?

I just do not understand.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ smiddy3; when the TTATT really hit me, my conscience wouldn't allow me to continue participating in JW recruitment, (aka Field Service) so for the next 2 or 3 months until I ceased F.S., I never offered any JW propaganda or uttered the name 'Jehovah.'

I simply quoted some wise words Jesus said and then read the verse. Never got a single bad reaction.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“I know you guys have valid reasons for justifying /rationalising your participating in this ,but I just can`t get my head around it.”

I had to do the slow fade when I woke up and realised TTATT.. I was an elder and had to give talks ( in which I avoided the most controversial subjects ) and continue field service. I hated it. There is little worse than a hypocrite,and that is what I was.

when I could I got off the BOE , and I did not go door to door ever again. But Now I am free to talk with local dubs if I want, I am still happily married to my dub wife......... so I guess it was worth it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Tablets? who can afford those things these days, and especially with all the washtowel rules against getting a decent job? And, what about the data plans? "Unlimited" is not really unlimited, because they can and will throttle you once you use a certain amount per month. And it is very expensive.

Beyond that, what is to stop anyone from getting a 4 TB card and putting regular videos on it? I would be downloading YouTube videos about all subjects and putting them on that card, and watching them during field circus. And, the washtowel videos go on a separate portion of the card, so I can easily open that in one window and my YouTube videos on another. When I need to show someone a video, I would open that window and run the video from the card instead of wasting data online, and then go back to my worldly video.

Not to mention, downloading whole blatantly Satanic websites onto the card and reading that instead of whatever bibles or washtowel littera-trash they might have. For sure, I would rather have an astrology site open than a bible. And, if they do get me to open to a bible or washtowel section, I can download it in German and make things miserable for them (I can read German a lot better than they can, even if not yet perfectly).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    lastmanstanding - "...don’t realize they are (already) half out..."

This.

I realized something very significant after I'd been here a while.

Reading XJW material on the net doesn't actually turn you into an "apostate"...

...it simply helps you realize you already are one.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I was at the Savannah airport passing through on business the other day and saw a JW couple sitting in a very quiet (nearly abandoned) nook near the car rental desks with a "JW.ORG" sign beside them. No lit, no cart, sitting on a bench about 20 feet back from where travellers would be walking, with this dumb blue square sign, about 12 inches by 12 inches. And counting time. Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit