Field service shit show

by solomon 34 Replies latest jw friends

• solomon
    solomon

I just got back from field service.

I haven’t been out in a few months so now we don’t keep any written records and we don’t know which houses are do not calls. I also noticed I was the only one with a book bag. Everyone else has switched to a tablet.

So we drove to the furthest territory from the service group. 3/4 hour drive west of town, did 3 or 4 calls, and 3/4 hour back. We did one sisters not at home return visit so that she could count more time. We get to count 3 hour total.

I think the whole privacy thing (can’t keep written records, and don’t know where the do not calls are) is a lot for the brothers to mentally accept.

• oppostate
    oppostate

there may be a little grumbling, but JW pubs know the goal is appearance not actual witnessing so they will adapt and the GB will come up with some lame excuse for any changes

• Simon
    Simon

That reminds me of one time I went out in service with a pioneer. We knocked on one door, stood there for probably 10+ minutes (they obviously weren't in, it was just killing time) then we s-l-o-w-l-y walked the entire length of the town to do a return visit (post a WT and awake through a letter-box) and that was it, 3 hours of service - both the longest I'd ever done in one stint and also the least amount of door knocking I'd ever done in one go.

At one point I naively thought that pioneers were hardcore, dedicated and zealous ... I realized a lot of them were just lazy frauds, who didn't want to work.

• kramer
    kramer

@solomon keeping a record of do not calls is allowed still

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fabricating and stretching out the time while out " in service" is a quiet undisclosed part of being a JWS. then afterward when you come home you brag about how many placements you made and your time.

Pioneers do with as well even more so.

• waton
    waton

yeah, and the only quasi "intersting calls" are demonstrated at the weekly meeting.

No sane, mentally hals awake person would put up with simplistic nonsense like that.

Time stretched beyong it's meaning, diluted with wt drivel.

Given that time and life is the only thing we have, what a waste, give-away

.What I mean that the Shit Show includes the SShow at the meetings.

• Alive!
    Alive!

When I was new to the religion, it didn’t take long before I was introduced to the different ways that dedicated pioneers got their hours in.

Why did I say nothing?

It was glaringly wrong, looking back.

I think I passed it off as ‘well at least the hours are spent focussing on Jehovah rather than the world’

😞

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A lot of homes now have no soliciting, religion, politics. the whole shebang to discourage callers

• solomon
    solomon

@kramer

They are not allowed to mark do not calls on new territories. The elder in our car group said we might get a do not call as we have no idea where they may be.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

One door I know if is covered in no soliciting signs. They are bright yellow and some are very large. From a distance it looks like the door itself is one big no soliciting sign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit