England: Failure to Report Child Abuse to be Illegal

by notsurewheretogo 42 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    don’t want to believe that the WTS has a child abuse problem.

I don’t know what you mean. The subject of compulsory reporting was discussed at length on many threads here in the past.

Seems that it is a misrepresentation to say wt covers up child abuse as if they endorse it and protect abusers like the churches were accused of doing. JW don’t do that. The problem is with what does mandatory reporting compel wt to do. What must wt do legally is the issue. Within the wt community an offender is df and not allowed to be around children —according to the information posted about the so called elder’s book. So it is misrepresentation to say wt covers up vild abuse because they mark and take action against the offender unlike the accusations agains the churchesSo the issue is wt compliance with mandatory reporting. People like to close their eyes to the fact that in countries like the US minors can marry adults in some States. People also like to close their eyes to the fact that reporting abuse is not required in every State—imagine that; no sweat. You don’t see see people rallying about non reporting States but only about the wt because if personal feelings against the wt and not because of the children it appears. So the apparent concern is hypocritical and disingenuous. Nobody is rallying against Federal laws that protect abusers and other criminals because the real goal is getting back at wt for something personal. The focus is wt and not the children or laws that allow an abuser and other criminals to have rights and confidentiality under the protection of the law. It is a funny standard to make reporting compulsory in some States and not mandatory in others and conflicting and ambiguous Federal law with State laws and then target and be angry with wt instead of the laws that make it legal not to report. A guilty abuser can be better helped while in prison as Data Dog put it in a previous thread. However, wt is not law enforcement or a prosecuting agency. Church concern and jurisdiction is sin not crimes. Another thing to consider is churches that allow confessions of child abuse to be anonymous and then forgive those “sins” anonymously without having to report m, and zero concern or accountability for those children that will continue to be hurt.

Legislation has a problem not wt. Wt kicks abusers out. Read the threads about df.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is clearly the right thing to report serious crimes ,and what is more serious than child abuse?

I just hope that by the time this makes law no exceptions are granted for religion. ( House of Lords Bishops please note) Even if that were done they need to see the big difference between the Catholic confession box and JW elders ……

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    they need to see the big difference between the Catholic confession box and JW elders.

Funny you should point this out.

It’s ok for the church not to report because it is anonymous? Or is it recommended that JW resort to the same device as the church so JW don’t have to report and also have to deal with angry people that were DF complaining and reporting it to the authorities and trying to prevent JW from having charity status. I mean who cares about the children anyway as I pointed out and about helping people spiritually to stop practicing bad conduct. JW should start doing thing like churches, good?

• cofty
    cofty

Fishy - It is not possible to help pedos.

Report them every time and chemically castrate them.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Fishy - It is not possible to help pedos.

Even if, would you even want to try help somebody like that. ( unless he tragically is a loved one, then you sing a different tune)But personal feelings aside God told king Saul to do his job and have not mercy. A female judge before handing down the death sentence told a cm convict that they were not going to try to rehabilitate him but she believed that all was not lost between him and God and hoped that he could find redemption. Then she said “may God have mercy on your soul” and pronounced the death sentence. She was doing her job.

Report them every time

This comment is underrated. I feel your words.

and chemically castrate them..

People only have empathy ( for the children) when they visualize how they would feel if some sicko hurt or even put their child in danger. Look at the mother bear.

Personal feelings is not the subject matter here , though.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Personal feelings take a back seat

• carla
    carla

"Read the threads about df."- how about you reading about people who were actually molested and raped by jw's and then had to go sit in a meeting where the abuser is up on stage preaching! and there are even people who's own parents are yucking it up after the meeting with the abuser who they know raped their child. It is unconscionable that anyone who is an abuser is put in a position of authority or even be amongst law abiding people much less telling people how they should be living their life.

Yes, these abusers often do admit to their crime but if they cry about it enough and say how bad they feel they often are barely even marked. If they do get df'd , big deal, they go sit in the back of the hall for 6 months, cry some more and all is forgiven by the elders. The entire congregation and non jw's should know this person is a pedophile!

A rare time I talked to an elder he admitted allowing a pedophile back into the congregation and knocking on our doors. Why? there were not 2 witnesses to the crime. I think he has since developed a conscience because he seems to have gone missing. Perhaps he is on board like this one.

Some day you will have a dark night of the soul and I wish you well; because your constant sticking up for this ungodly perverted child pedophile protecting cult is sickening. Even you one day will see that you have been complicit by attempting to justify their mere existence.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Personal feelings take a back seat

Show me how personal feelings are legally enforceable?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Word of advice to everyone…

…stop feeding trolls.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

When you learn to read Carla, I’ve posted that I understand your feelings. Obviously you’ve reported your concerns to the authorities to your frustration and have gotten nowhere. It is a criminal matter. You know about it and others too. But you only hate the wt and I didn’t challenge your reasons but you’ve said nothing about the secular authorities not holding the person in your cong accountable. What hypocrisy on your part. Obviously if the person was guilty as you assert, they would have prosecuted him, no? But that ain’t the case. So, if that is not the case, be fair with your anger and making false accusations and defamatory remarks. So much for the weight of what you say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit