England: Failure to Report Child Abuse to be Illegal

by notsurewheretogo 42 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• carla
    carla

"your cong accountable"- I'm a ubm, never been a jw, I would never align myself with such a disgraceful organization masquerading as a religion claiming to speak for God.

• cofty
    cofty
    Obviously if the person was guilty as you assert, they would have prosecuted him

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Are you deliberately being obtuse?

What do you mean, mate?

• menrov
    menrov

I truly hope Fisherman does not have children. When molested by a JW, they would be exposed to a sin instead of a crime, judged by JW elders who are not all equipped to manage such cases. And though they are victims, nobody beliefs them as there us no second witness.

And on top of that, the perpetrator will walk free as WT do not report in general and only consider reporting if no other choice.

But, hey, the organization remains 'clean'

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Fish - “What do you mean, mate?”

…he said, without a trace of irony…

😏

• menrov
    menrov

And, worst of all, where in the bible does it state that molesting a minor is a sin?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

That’s… a weirdly-phrased question… 🤨

• menrov
    menrov

Vidiot I guess you were referring to my question. If so, what I meant to say is the the WT sees CSA being a sin. And though I believe it is one of the worst crimes one can commit, I was wondering if WT could point me to a bible verse where it states that having intimacy with a minor is a sin. I have not seen one but I can be wrong. If I am right, one can wonder why this is missing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sorry, Menrov, I missed your response back then for some reason…

To explain why it’s “missing”, I’ll repost something I said in another thread around the same time this one was running…

“I think a compelling argument could be made that ‘sexual assault’ wasn’t actually viewed as a thing in Biblical times… Sure, it happened, but given that daughters, sisters, and wives were first and foremost property, the OT penalties mandated for such offences more closely resembled the kind of things imposed on someone guilty of theft or vandalism.”
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do hope that the JW org does not hide behind their previous disingenuous and poor excuse that they don't actually work with children and that it is the parents responsibility to protect their own children.

(I hope the Law is tight enough to cover such pathetic excuses.)

What utter tripe that excuse is ! The number of CSA cases over many decades show that they have a problem with not implementing a proper Child Protection Programme. Not just a bit of paper, a "policy", an actual Programme.

Small local Clubs near me, Sporting etc., like Clay Pigeon Shooting, and Football etc. ALL have a proper active Programme with an Appointed Child Protection officer, and STRICT rules about proper "chaperoning" if the C.P. person is not present, a parent or a guardian appointed by the parents must then be present.

If small clubs, with less than 50 members can do this, WHY CAN'T the J.W ORG ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit