England: Failure to Report Child Abuse to be Illegal

by notsurewheretogo 42 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There’s been just as much outrage at the latter as there has been at the former.

I don’t think so. It gives the impression that the concern is disingenuous. If not because it involves churches like JW being accused of not reporting, the goal finding ways to get at the target do you really believe people cared about children until it was a means to target {JW} for example?

• cofty
    cofty

Fishy - JWs commenting on child abuse is as offensive as the KKK preaching about racism.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

JWs commenting on child abuse is as offensive as the KKK preaching about racism

Your remark is again based on a false premise. As far as I know, JW have always acted within the ambit of law. You can take JW to moral Court if you don’t like how jw practice their beliefs.

• jhine
    jhine

Ok , so I'm going a bit beyond here . So far some Labour councillors and some Labour politicians have been accused of turning a blind eye to Asian grooming gangs supposedly for fear of seeming to be racist.

Could it also be that a good percentage of Labour voters are Asian in many areas and they put getting votes ahead of doing the right thing ? Is this situation as much political as social?

I may be far off the mark and you can correct me if that is the case.

Jan

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Jan

Yes. A lot of Asian voters vote Labour in the north - particularly Asian Muslims. It's the same where I am in Bolton. Of course, there's nothing wrong with Asians voting for Labour.

I just want all who failed the victims to be punished. I don't give a shit about skin colour or religious background.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

So a person feels outraged and wants to help and reports to the authorities. But now the person is open to being accused of filing a false report and defamation and legal entanglements,having to testify etc.. They start investigating the person making the report and they can turn things around on the person. That’s the way they cut the cookie in some countries and that is why the law needs to be clear. and protect the person reporting and also punish a malicious false report.

• Simon
    Simon
    But now the person is open to being accused of filing a false report and defamation and legal entanglements,having to testify etc..

That doesn't happen if you report a crime / what you know. It's up to the legal system to verify and prosecute.

There is no legal risk to reporting any crime.

• Simon
    Simon
    Could it also be that a good percentage of Labour voters are Asian in many areas and they put getting votes ahead of doing the right thing ? Is this situation as much political as social?

It's absolutely that. In return for block voting, they turn a blind eye to the crimes and pander to their demands. So a minority becomes the majority when it comes to influence.

That's how Islam works, so they can take over and expand their filth and corruption.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There is no legal risk to reporting any crime.

I agree there is not supposed to be —but some people speak out of personal experience. They turn on the person reporting the crime. Don’t know how it is in other countries but try it in the US. Why this happens is because in all openness, they are sadistic and insidious and delight more in entangling an innocent person than going after a criminal and sometimes criminals have ties with the police or other agencies. Better to mind your business. Even when someone commit s a crime against you, the police wants to force you to come to your house to take the report and nobody is your friend. They tap your phone. They mark you and retaliate. Its better not to report a theft or a robbery or an assault against you. If you want to get involved, be ready for trouble. Even if you are only reporting, they still want to get you for anything they can so you will need to hire a private lawyer besides the DA just in case and that isn’t free. You have to experience it yourself to understand.

Of course, if they already have an agenda like going after somebody they don’t like, they welcome your reports to support their cause in that case but for something personal, don’t count on it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, Fish, it’s like you really don’t want to believe that the WTS has a child abuse problem.

Or do you simply not want the Org to suffer the consequences of their screwups?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit