1290 JW Congregations have been deleted since 4th Dec 2022

by ComingOutaMyCage 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Maybe it's the Borg going out of business.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My cousin's Kingdom Hall is one of the 1300 that are being deleted. It is located in Crest Hill, Illinois. This beautiful property sits on at least 2 acres. There are 2 English speaking congregations and 1 Hispanic speaking congregation. Why are they being eliminated? Can all 3 congregations be behind on their monthly congregation expenses? If not, what are the reasons given from the Society as to why they are shuttering this Kingdom Hall down?

I'm going to keep an eye on this property if it ever comes up for sale!

• careful
    careful

Two acres outside of Chicago, near Joliet, Illinois—yes, they will be selling that one for the money!

what are the reasons given from the Society

New KHs in poor countries in Africa—if you want to believe that one! Really: paying off more CSA victims, if, of course, they accept a non-disclosure agreement.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny, considering KHs in central Africa aren’t much more that dialed-up gazebos you could build for about 50 bucks with local muscle and materials.

• careful
    careful

Yes, Vidiot, agreed, but a few years ago some Witnesses were in my neighborhood going D2D (pre-Covid) and when I went out to my vehicle, I couldn't resist having some fun. When I asked about the local KH, they told me it was on the market and they were having to go to another in the next county, miles away. I said I'd heard rumors that the WTS was in financial difficulties. This was denied by one sister who did more talking than the bro "taking the lead." She told me that was all false, and that the real reason for selling KHs so much was "so that new KHs could be built in Africa." She felt privileged to sacrifice for those poor African brothers and sisters.

It's no wonder that when such ones wake up, they fall so hard and fast, and feel so betrayed.

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks, TonusOH. If they're inactive congs they must be in holding pattern to be sold or repaired for sale. Time will tell.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

There was a time in the US when property was cheap and there was a lot of people coming in too and halls had too many people. Things are expensive nowadays so convenience will have to be put aside and people will need to travel to get to the hall. Congs need to be consolidated for financial reasons, I’m just guessing.

I will say that it appears that people nowadays don’t have the interest and fervor and excitement to join a religion in response to the preaching work and coming into the JW. Not so inclined.

In the generation will not pass away era, the excitement of the end coming and the cut off dates was a catalyst compelling( and the new teachings about jesus not dying on the cross and the trinity, etc) people to convert but Christian living theme of study presently is not very interesting.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The US congregations sold,,,of course they sell those. They are ''worth" the most.

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

I wonder where the people that attend the Crest Hill KH will go; that’s 3 congregations, and I believe this KH was built in 2010.

The closest KHs are Joliet and Plainfield (unless they decide to sell those).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ careful

Next time, show ‘em this:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit