1290 JW Congregations have been deleted since 4th Dec 2022

by ComingOutaMyCage 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

I don't see Puerto Rico on that list and I know of at least 4 that were deleted.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

This is very impressive. But I hope they all go to hell as far as I am concerned.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

" I hope they all go to hell as far as Im concerned"

This may all come true.

Poetic justice. For all their abusive,,coercive and inhumane ways.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

ComingOutaMyCage...are you sure about that figure....1,290 since December 4th, 2022...in just 6 months time???

The U.S.A. deleted 125 & Mexico deleted 88...Wow...Yay...Hallelujah!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks Earnest and ComingOutMyCage, looks interesting 👍

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

LV101: What is an "Orphaned Hall?"

I assume it means a KH that has no active congregations that meet there. In which case, it probably will be sold.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thanks ComingOutMyCage, that is one impressive website. A lot of work to set that up!

Fantastic!

edited to add: A lot of the deleted congregations, at least in the US, are foreign language. When they disband or discontinue, the ones attending just go back to English. I have a family member who attended a foreign language congregation in a US location and even attended a couple of the meetings myself. Didn't understand a word, but it was kind of interesting to observe. I think the purpose of the foreign language work was to give people a way to get out of the boring JW doldrums and feel like they were doing something special. It kind of worked for a while, but COVID really made it an unworkable model. The service was based on having the English language territores worked in the field, the publisher encounters someone who speaks the foreign language, say Russian, then gives the address to the Russian congregation. The Russian cong then goes out and makes a call at that address. It just didn't work under Covid, particularly with the field service going to zoom and letter writing.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    It kind of worked for a while, but COVID really made it an unworkable model.

In the UK and EU territories, what was crippling these foreign language groups from well before COVID is the GDPR data regulations which came into law in 2016. Prior to that, it was easy to pass addresses and details of 'foreign' residents you found in the English ministry over to the relevant language group, but now the law requires you to get the consent of the householder before making any notes or passing on their details.

That's perfectly right, of course, but it's virtually killed off referrals to foreign language groups.

Now they justify closing groups by saying that if foreign language speakers return to their local English congregation, they are better placed to support foreign householders in their local territory. There is some truth to that, but really it's a cover for the fact that GDPR has destroyed the usual chain of informal communication and referral that JWs in the foreign field relied on.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The covid19 pandemic was a real ""downer"" for the dubs.

Many thought it was "the end""

Only to be sent back to KHs and FS again.

You can only have blue-balls so many timea.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

With the update of nearly 1,300 WT/JW Congregations getting dissolved/deleted in just the past 6 months, the increase in exJW activism, the sale of countless Kingdom Halls to other Churches, next to zero number of new converts, very low in-person meeting attendance, the removal/deletion of key GB members, the loss of tens of millions $$$ in lawsuits & so on...the lyrics of this Wizard Of Oz's song come to mind:

🎵 Ding-dong! The Witch is dead

Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
    Ding-dong! The Wicked Witch is dead
    Wake up you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
    Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead
    She's gone where the goblins go
    Below, below, below

Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out
    Ding-dong's the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low
    Let them know the Wicked Witch is dead! 🎵

😂😂😂

Share this