What Views or Beliefs Do Jehovah’s Witnesses No Longer Teach?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Watchtower taught that they were God’s spoke-people that God is using on earth.

New light; God can use anyone besides the Watchtower

Governing Body member quote;

That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the ONLY SPOKE person That God is using.

https://youtu.be/wlsVPTsUnnI?t=26

• Ding
    Ding

The heavenly class closing in 1935...

Jesus returning invisibly in 1874...

The Great Pyramid went from being "God's stone witness" to "Satan's Bible."

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I had a chat to some of them a few months ago at their cart talking about how organ transplants were once banned and are now permitted and how blood transfusions were allowed and now not permitted and they simply did not have one single idea about the past standpoints on these dogma

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Johnamos, does that idiot Ciro Aulicino still give talks and how was he able to give this public address and not receive some sort of sanction? still if an ever bigger idiot Tony Morris is still allowed to give these kinds of public discourses can they say whatever they like? this talk still astounds me with his belief in antimatter etc LOL.I wonder how many of the R&F walked out of that assembly vowing never to set foot in another assembly hall/KH again after listening to such mind numbing stupidity? I reckon many

• minimus
    minimus

Slim, the fds doctrine was a big one! You HAD TO BELIEVE what they were saying or you were dead meat! Then one day they simply say, forget about it!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I don't even know why you bother to post such a question since the whole Borg is based on flip flops. However, I'll add a one or two, remember when the Tuesday night book study, or area study, as some of us old timers remember it, was to be called rendezvous? Also around 1969 at the DA it was announced that elders would rotate every year? I know they stopped it, but since I haven't been to mtg since the 80's have they started rotating again?

• minimus
    minimus

Shirley, no

• blondie
    blondie

Shirley, they stopped it in under 3 months.

• waton
    waton

Today's text May 21, 2019, (nice backward sequence by the way 19,20,21.

wt has this contradiction of the bible, again. . wt : "It will not be until the end of the 1000 year Reign that all his enemies will be completely destroyed" (sounds like by the end it's all over)

Rev:" after the 100 years have ended, Satan loosed, -- four corners of the earth--, fire from heaven--"

So may be there are still hanger-ons of time-pipe dreams that have all fall into the 49 000 cycle.

wt sowing obfuscation, spreading error.

• sir82
    sir82

Surely this has got to disturb long time JWs, or they are just not paying much attention.

I'll vote for the "not paying much attention".

Most JWs don't give a flying fig about doctrine. The WTS could write a study article next week bout the "truth of the trinity" and no more than 1% would leave.

JWs today are much different than they were 50, 40, or even 30 years ago.

JWs care about (in no particular order) getting to paradise to see dead grandma and pet tigers, getting the approval of their peers, getting "privileges" in the congregation so they can feel smug, and the social aspects of Kingdom Hall life.

It literally doesn't matter if the "faithful slave" is all the anointed or the 8 pudges in upstate New York, or if the 144,000 is literal or symbolic, or if birthdays are OK to celebrate or not, or if Jerusalem fell in 587 or 607 BC. They just don't care. Just give me my privileges now, and my tiger-petting paradise in the future, and the rest is just "details",

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit