What Views or Beliefs Do Jehovah’s Witnesses No Longer Teach?

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Evidently they have changed their creative day from being 7000 years per day. All blood transfusions were taboo but now blood fractions might be allowed to be taken into the body. Vaccinations were sinful at one time but not now.

Can you name other views or beliefs that have changed from being considered “Truth” to no longer “the Truth “?

• blondie
    blondie

When great tribulation started

Who are the superior authorities

• minimus
    minimus

The real kicker is that if you ever questioned the accuracy of the Watchtower, EVEN IF IT TURNED OUT YOU WERE CORRECT AND THEY WERE WRONG, you would still get disfellowshipped for not accepting their “truth” even if it was a lie!

• minimus
    minimus

What about the door to door house to house ministry? You HAD to knock on doors just as Jesus supposedly did. Not now. Just set up a cart and stand there like a dope and maybe someone will approach you so that you can receive everlasting life.

• btlc
    btlc

Good source for digging: Beliefs Clarified, Watch Tower Publications Index

1930-1985

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200028612

1986-2019

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200277174

• blondie
    blondie

I did not accept their explanation of 1975....

Why, the first question I had was, how long after Adam was created was Eve created. The 6th ended with Eve's creation, but their calculations went back into the 6th day making the 7th day perhaps start 30 days later perhaps making it 2005. Nearer 1975 they corrected that to be the same day in the Aid to Bible Understanding book. Add to that Matthew 24:44, Jesus said it would come at a time that we would not think it to be.

I knew to keep my mouth shut on that. I had seen my aunt chastised for her asking the question about the time gap.

Then when the end did not come, the lowly publishers were chastized for running ahead of god when it was the WTS/GB who had done the running.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, that’s when lots of people started smartening up. Once 1975 came and went so didn’t many smart Witnesses. Many other JWs stuck around with the hope that at least by the end of the century, surely the End would come, especially since the Watchtower said so, and of course lied again. It was just a matter of time before many Witnesses mentally defected .

• blondie
    blondie

I was young and having family challenges, felt I had to stay and help out. I should have left then. But I made excuses for the lies and figured I could stay in and pick and choose. Finally, I chose for real and left.

• minimus
    minimus

I think many of us wanted to believe “Mother”. But eventually it was all about verbal juggling. Explanations were made by JW apologists that just sounded ridiculous.

• minimus
    minimus

Btlc, this is not a JW expose’ written by JWs right??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit