New poll shows public knows Jehovah's Witnesses and dislike them....almost as much as the Church of Satan

by Balaamsass2 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Toxic doctrine merits toxic opinions, viewpoints.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

slimboyfat I visited a Unitarian congregation at least once many years ago, but like all the other churches I visited, I didn't get much benefit from visiting them during their worship service (nor their after service fellowship). I wish to know what you like about attending the Unitarian church. Please tell me the benefits you get from it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Here’s a post about the first Unitarian service I went to.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5129720561664000/slimboyfat-joins-unitarians

Since then I’ve met a lot of interesting people, including a zoologist who has his own take on theism and evolution and UFOs. Done lots of activities together including going to the cinema to watch Apostasy, the film about JWs, visiting the synagogue to hear a holocaust survivor, going for lunch at the Gurdwara and Mandir, plus discussion groups and so on, generally broadening perspective by finding out how others make sense of the world.

This hymn sums up Unitarian approach, except instead of “place”, Unitarians sing “sect”!

https://youtu.be/lmddb_rlt78

• slimboyfat
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Balaamsass2 - “…You would think a carload of child molesters were roaming the streets…”

…he said, without a trace of irony. 😜

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Slimboyfat, thanks for the insight into Unitarians. We have a Unitarian and Congregational church (they share) a block away. The building is used by a number of nonreligious venues, like classical music, etc.

Obviously, the original poll was not of the caliber of Pew. Respondents gave "Assembly of God" a different rating than "Pentecostal".... they are the same.

Locally I have seen an explosion in "Christian nationalism" and Trump-supporting evangelists over the last 10 years here in California. Growing up in the borg during the 60s and 70s I fully expected people to become LESS religious, and more tolerant. However, I would never have expected a grassroots growth of dogmatic, religious gun-toting religious fundamentalism.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Balaamsass2 - “….I would never have expected a grassroots growth of dogmatic, religious gun-toting fundamentalism.”

Did you forget who some of the earliest American settlers were?

Some might be tempted to suggest it’s practically baked into the country’s DNA.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have to agree with Jan on this one Slim,

To me he was saying that JWs would equate themselves with the early Christians.

For what it`s worth .

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''To me he was saying that JWs would equate themselves with the early Christians.''

To 'equate' themselves with early Christians is only a claim. Just like how the GB claim their was a 1st Century governing body and always has been a governing body. No evidence & pure nonsensical.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oh, yeah.

Hearing assembly drama dialogue using current WT vernacular for the first time was surreal.

And then the WT magazine featured an illustration of two First-Century Christians going door-to-door with bags of scrolls.

🤯

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit