Face/Pyramids on Mars! What do you think?

by qwerty 137 Replies latest jw friends

• ianao
    ianao

rem:

http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/01_31_01_releases/cydonia/

Note that 01_31_01 is january, not april. Please try again, thank you very much.

• rem
    rem

ianao,

Looks like the link I posted above is the latest they have on the site of the area in question right now. It does look like the web master started advertizing the latest pictures from 4/01, but did not yet provide links. It's a bit sloppy, but with all of the pictures of the area in question that have been freely released to the public, I don't see how there could be any conspiracy here.

I'm sure the updated pictures will be linked soon. I don't see any reason why they would not do this.

rem

• ianao
    ianao

rem:

I'm sure the updated pictures will be linked soon. I don't see any reason why they would not do this.

You and I totally agree here. WOW!

• rem
    rem

ianao,

I understand that, but the links were to photos from 2001 and part of the face is clearly photographed. Can there be any question even from the January photograph that is available now that the face is just a natural mountain?

Hopefully the pictures from 4/01 will satisfy you, but if nothing has so far, I sincerely doubt it.

rem

• ianao
    ianao

rem:

The January 31 releases do nothing but confirm features that were predicted to be there from the viking photos.

NOTE:

The 4/x release will satisfy me, one way or the other.

• ianao
    ianao

terally:

I had a long drawn-out response to your post re: clark, but by some stupid blundering with the back button on my part, I've lost it.

I will only say to you that comparing the Appollo missions to orbiter missions is kind of silly, especially with nobody on the news harping about how "MSSS is downloading the latest mars data" today the way they were keeping track of the moon missions back then.

• terraly
    terraly

The search for these latest images is a bit complicated by the fact that I'm not quite sure what it is I'm looking for. Obviously, the webpage has some mislabelled links, and it it in fact difficult to find the latest pics. Nonetheless, with some dedication it can be done:

http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/m13_m18/images/M16/M1600184.html

please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the area in question, and you will see on the bottom of the page that this picture claims to have been released on April 4, 2001. Unless they're lying to us.

ianao,
    Sorry about your luck with the back-button. Am I to understand by your statement that you believe the moon landings were or were not faked? I hope the later.

Nonetheless, you have not taken Clarke's point. True, the world is not watching every latest picture come across, but many scientists are. You're still faced with a huge number of people who are in on the conspiracy...

• ianao
    ianao

terraly:

Thank you! What an interesting find!

The image here:
    http://www.msss.com/moc_gallery/m13_m18/images/M16/M1600184.html

Is the same one as released earlier here:
    http://www.msss.com/mars_images/moc/01_31_01_releases/cydonia/
    (referring to the M16-00184 image.)

This is the same image received by the MOC on 3/6/2000, being released once in 01/31/2001 as "MGS MOC Release No. MOC2-275, 31 January 2001" and then again (as you've shown me) on 4/4/2001 in the narrow angle gallery.

So Terraly, when was this image released? 1/31/2001 or 4/4/2001?

• ianao
    ianao

terraly:

Nonetheless, you have not taken Clarke's point. True, the world is not watching every latest picture come across, but many scientists are. You're still faced with a huge number of people who are in on the conspiracy...

Nope. Just a small number of people calling the shots, and a bunch of other people following orders who don't even know what's going on. Happens all the time in companies every day.

(Kinda' reminds you of the "body" which governs the witnesses eh?)

Also, I did not miss Clark's point. His point was referring to a highly publicised program by the media, not one racked with people seeing data ONLY when they are released on the internet or to individual scientists.

BTW: I know we went to the moon. We wouldn't have many of the newer technologies that we depend upon today if we hadn't.

• terraly
    terraly

Indeed, they do appear to be the same image.

One logical explanation would be that they made public the entire data set on April 4, but due to the extreme interest in the area surrounding the "face" they made sure to put those pictures up first.

I still think that these are the pictures NASA is referring to in the letter- although the letter writer was obviously not also the web master and his explanation of the situation is rather confused.

Are we to believe there are more images of the area unreleased? On what do you base this belief?

Thanks. Oh, and I'm glad you believe we went to the moon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit