Face/Pyramids on Mars! What do you think?

by qwerty 137 Replies latest jw friends

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    The things you look into without the WT cynical mind behind every thought.

qwerty,

I've had a long time interest in this particular enigma... and yes, the post-Watchtower mind DOES allow room to explore mysteries, whereas before, EVERYTHING-According-To-The-Watchtower had an answer. "Mysteries" were all cleared up - everything was Black&White - no shades of gray - no need to look any further than to the pat answers the Kult supplied... "So, STAY AWAY from Mysteries and sundry Speculations!", sed the WTKult.

Well, I say "BullSh!t!" to that.

Alan and I were discussing some of life's Mysteries just the other night... and mainstream science and the lunatic fringe and points in between... and Alan, I'm going to have to disagree with this, your observation:

Such claims have been thoroughly debunked by recent, much more detailed photos of the "face".

Those recent photos that NASA and Mike Malin, the imaging contractor, released a couple of years back, of the Face, were purposely? altered/filtered... to show much less detail.
    Now why would those jokers screw around with the resolution of those Mars Global Surveyor images and deliver up to the public, LESS Resolution?

Why would NASA/JPL & Company Rip-Off Resolution from the American Public, the very taxpayers who bought the phreeking photos!? ... you'd almost think NASA had something to hide... hmm.

Mr. DannyBoy Rather on the CBS news that evening, on the day the new Face pictures where released and made public - had a nice, big, dismissive chuckle over the whole affair.

Alan, here's a guy who's been involved in serious research concerning this Mars enigma, for years:

* http://www.psrw.com/~markc/marshome.html

Dr. Carlotto has the same degree as you, I think

* http://www.psrw.com/~markc/MJCbio.html

Naww, can't agree that this issue has been "thoroughly debunked".

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Here is what is really funny. The belief that scientist would cover up a discovery. Oh right. They would be wetting their pants in excitement, and they would not be able to contain themselves. Or do you Weekly World News readers think you are the only ones with a passion for truth and discovery out there?

• logical
    logical

Six, you are right, but you forget the scientists are told what and what not to release to the public, by their superiors. The governments are their superiors. And we all know who control the governments...

• JanH
    JanH

log,

Six, you are right, but you forget the scientists are told what and what not to release to the public

Have you ever even talked to a real scientist?

It's amazing how much the local window cleaners seemingly knows about science after having read a few new age books.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Siiiixxxxx, now k'mon!, don't be naive.

ALL scientists are completely honest with their research?

ALL scientists have resisted suppression of certain discoveries?

ALL scientists are unafraid their pet theories would be altered by release of newly discovered facts?

ALL scientists are free of ulterior motives?

ALL scientists have no need to cover their professional ass and protect their research grants?

ALL scientists have no one to answer to but themselves?

ALL scientists are independent and have no 'higher ups' who filter their data before it is released?

ALL scientists work for other than government agencies and don't have to worry about bureaucratic bullshit?

ALL scientists have 100% integrity?

ALL scientists tell the truth?

ALL scientists are completely honest with their research?
    (oh yeah, I asked that one, already)

ALL scientists have NEVER made a personal entry in Charles Fort's "Book Of The Damned"?

• JanH
    JanH

Tally,

On the contrary. It is the conspiracy theories you love so much, not the skeptical approach, that assumes superhuman qualities in scientists.

Science do understand that all humans have error and limitations. It is exactly the cutthroat competition between scientists, the double and triple checks and the peer review process that helps reduce the impact of human error in science. This is exactly the opposite of religion, which fails precisely because it works with dogma and discourages sceptical questions. Religion is about faith. Science is about doubt.

Anyone who claims that scientists have this flock instinct that makes them tend to stick to accepted theories instead of challenging them, revelas nothing about science and a lot about the fact they are totally ignorant about science.

Your conspiracy theory requires that for some vague reasons you can make not only one but hundreds of scientists shut up about what would arguably have been the greatest discoveries in a hundred years. Such a conspiracy of silence is ridiculously unlikely to such a degree that any thinking person will think it is unlikely.

It is of course notable, and no coicnicence, that the less educated people here are, the less they know about real science, the more likely they are to accept these wild conspiracy fantasies.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings,
    There is no face on mars,etc. If you check out the Skeptical Inquirer online articles, it debunks that in scientific detail. It also links you to NASA,and other sites that support the debunking of that.No conspiracy here. Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny...."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense,you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• chasson
    chasson

And now, let's talk about subliminal images in Wt's literrature.

Just a joke.

Bye

Charles

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Now Jan,

alls I done did was ask questions. ...

You'll notice I did not make any scientifically dogmatic statements.

Y'know, really, I'm hoping, that concerning this whole Mars mystery, I'm really hoping that the Honest scientists will win out over those who are suppressing/altering/tampering with, the discoveries which have been or will be made.

The NASA-released image of the martian "face" (okay, I'll put 'face' encased in quotation marks)... taken by the Mars Global Surveyor probe, was clearly tampered with before released to the public.

WHY is that, Jan?
    Whodunit?

What did you think of Dr. Mark Carlotto's research? (I supplied link)
    Do you put him in that "conspiracy theorist" class?

• ianao
    ianao

JanH:

It is of course notable, and no coicnicence, that the less educated people here are, the less they know about real science, the more likely they are to accept these wild conspiracy fantasies.

Nice blurb there JanH. Everyone should note how folks like JanH quickly "rationalize" the unexplainable away. It's funny to see people like him look at the link I posted above, Scratch their head, break into a cold sweat, then wipe it off and tell us "It's a natural formation!" All because they can't deal with reality.

Utterly pathetic, IMO.

Please rationalize the points brought up by Tallyman Jan. Please explain the scientific principle behind altering information.

Why did we have to look at kitty-litter on the evening news?

Why was the same image later replaced by what is there now, since others found more data in the kitty-litter photo that "appeared" later on the NASA projected image.

Please explain the reasoning for witholding other photographs in the region of this "face" mesa until congress pressured them into releasing the images?

I would really like to know, oh great one. If this is all because of the brookings report, than WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY FOUND THAT THEY DON'T WANT US TO SEE?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit