Face/Pyramids on Mars! What do you think?

by qwerty 137 Replies latest jw friends

• goo
    goo

mmmmmm ....strange silence

goo.

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

everyone seems to be focusing on the face on mars what about the pyramid shaped objects whose latitudes seem to be almost exactly coinciding with the ones on earth?
    comments please. . .

this is a strange coincidence i say. . . .

hey goo i hear you on that---didn't the celts/druids base these calculations simply on observing the motions of the stars with their naked eyes, centuries before galileo perfected the telescope?

• logical
    logical

goo

I know little about Stonehenge but what I do know is that is has something to do with Orion, as do the Pyramids in Egypt... and... the pyramids on Mars.

Too many coincidences for the martian "anomalies" to be natural. But the ignorant will continue to mock.

• rem
    rem

OK guys. This is getting ridiculous. There is no artificially carved, mile long face on Mars. There are no artificial, intelligently designed pyramids on Mars that have any relation to the man-made pyramids on Earth.

First of all, here is a photo of the area in question with the "face" and "pyramids":

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/planetary/mars/f035a72_processed.jpg

Here is the latest close-up photo of the "face":

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/planetary/mars/mgs_cydonia1_processed.jpg

Hmmm. Doesn't look like a face at all. Guess we can forget about all of those conspiracy theories. Oh, wait - I forgot about those hand-crafted pyramids. Those must have been designed by intelligent creatures, right? Wrong.

The pyramids on Mars are very similar to rock formations in Arizona and Antarctica called dreikanters. On Earth these structures only reach a few feet tall, but because of the extreme speed of Martian wind (up to half the speed of sound!), huge mountains have been eroded in the same manner that the Earth formations have. Surely no one believes that these dreikanters on Earth are manmade.

But what about the pyramids' location that is precisely aligned with the so-called face? This is taken from an essay by Sally Stephens from the Astronomical Society of the Pacific:

In order for the alignment to work, Mars' equator would have to be tilted 17.3 degrees relative to the plane of its orbit around the Sun (it is now tipped 24 degrees). It is possible that Mars at one time had such a tilt. But, in this case, there are so many possible variations, with so little to restrict them, that random chance would no doubt produce some apparent alignments. Given that proponents had the freedom to choose any of a number of solar or celestial alignments, any time since the beginning of the solar system, and to move the planet any amount to fit an alignment, the fact that one can be found is not proof that it was intended.

People who believe in these wacked out theories should really learn about Richard Hoagland's crazy ideas and conspiracy theories, including UFO visits and new age physics. He's really gone off the deep end, and unfortunately, he's seemed to take a few gullible people along with him. It is sad.

Here is a link to an excellent essay by Sally Stephens from the Astronomical Society of the Pacific that completely debunks all of these crazy claims and exposes Richard Hoagland for the wacko that he is. Oh, by the way. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy have also been found on the surface of Mars and Venus. Just more proof that the aliens are out there, I guess. :)

http://www.aspsky.org/education/tnl/25/25.html

I hope you enjoy this great article! Hopefully this 20 year old non-mystery can finaly be laid to rest.

rem

• Tallyman
    Tallyman
    OK guys. This is getting ridiculous. There is no artificially carved, mile long face on Mars.

Is too!

• mommy
    mommy

Tally

Smooch, you are adorable!

Rem,
    I enjoyed your well thought out posts, and appreciate the links that you have provided. I thought we would find Kermit and Miss piggy together
    wendy

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Well, I usually don't deliver Such DEVASTATING Rebuttals...
    but rem had it coming!

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

can someone rationalize the trigonometric layout?

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

...just can't let this thread wither on the vine

Here's a recent letter from an attorney to NASA about the enigmatic Mars Cydonian features... and NASA's enigmatic response:

* http://www.enterprisemission.com/letter.htm

• ianao
    ianao

Tallyman:

I was going to "rebut" rem, but I think he's full of shit anyway for posting such ignorance. If he thinks that the crap he posted re: the "face" is the latest processed image, then I will let him enjoy his illusions.

Also, I am looking at some of the newer releases of the images that MAY be the ones that NASA promised FACETS. I haven't found anything yet but a couple of seeps and a couple of sedimentary layers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit