Article: As religious group cashes in, former councilman lashes out

by AndersonsInfo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

From the link that defenderoftruth provided:

But now the Jehovah’s Witnesses are reaping those benefits on their way out the door without giving back to the neighborhood that fueled its fortunes.

And that sums up everything vile about the WTS and the JWs that I have such a lack of respect for.

Taking and not giving back - such self centered myopic behaviour. So typical of everything they do, even in their personal lives. That top down mentality is passed on and is often expressed by a lot (not all) of the r&f themselves.

Greedy bastards.

• prologos
    prologos
    WT negating on all their promises, undertakings, not just the empty ones like "millions now living will never die" also: "we promise do the community good, -- if you--" . even then the broken promise was conditional, not out of the goodness of their hearts, what hearts?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Its a very take, take , take organization. Giving-up so much and getting so little back. Its too bad you cant take a little 2 by 4 and tap it into the JWs heads.
  • park ave boy
    park ave boy
    I think from reading the comments everyone here understand how a cult works! Now if we can just help the poor followers to wake the fuck up.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

But the 2004 agreement with the Jehovah’s Witnesses is now coming back to haunt him, as the Witnesses now plan to resell the upzoned land for a huge profit without having delivered the local improvements they promised in return,

..........Image result for watchtower logo

............Image result for watchtower logoImage result for smiling faces sometimesImage result for watchtower logo

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

based on the promises

Yassky couldn’t recall to what extent the promise of improvements was put in writing

“They argued that they deserved deference as a religious organization, and they got that deference from the city.

The group’s failure to fund upgrades to a nearby park and the York Street F-train station, as promised in the deal,

If it’s not written down, it didn’t happen

• Yogapants
    Yogapants
    You can't believe everything you read. This guy was a 1 termed for a reason and a known cry wolf. While we all can agree there are things about the society we don't agree on it has been more then tenant in this community. Cleaning, plowing the streets, repeating the roads. Most ppl that live in my community think they are a good neighbor by their actions. I m not a apologetic for the WT but it's articles like this about the JWs that are half ass that don't allow those in the truth to read articles with credibility and open there minds. Moral of the story , just because someone said it doesn't make it true.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

It's a corporation whose goal is to insure its own existence by its decisions. There is no interest in its flock, or neighborhood, or abuse victims, or elderly, or youth, or or or anything other than its own success and survival.

Heck, they are the ones that blame a 9 year old for her own abuse.

This is great stuff to be circulating on the internet. I bet more will be revealed as these real estate sales move forward. You bet the potential investors will be searching for all information regarding the WTBS corporation, good and bad, to be used to their advantage in the business transactions. It will be great if they fall into the videos of the Royal Commission...

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    "Letting your yes mean yes, and your no mean no" only applies to the rank and file jdubs. Such hypocrisy.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    It's only been 11 years. Think they ever were going to build it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit