Get you surplus Disaster Relief Supplies Here WTF?!?

by HiddenPimo 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Can someone get this stuff to Cedars?

• LV101
    LV101

Too bad someone can't alert the news stations in each locality as to how this tax free charity really works and their Brooklyn/worldwide real estate co.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Does the "NY Bathroom Trailer" come full of sh!t like everything else from the Watchtower Organi$ation?

Asking for a friend.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You would think someone in the accounting dept. With half a conscience would blow the whistle on this scam of a religion

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

What I am missing here? I don't see this as a big deal. The Watchtower purchased these items to be used in relief work - yes i know it's bought using donation money like everything else they purchase.

But nevertheless they were purchased at market value. They are now selling this at what is going to be below market value, probably because they simply don't need them, so they will have a loss on it.

This no different than when they sell cars that belong to their fleet and are nearing the end of their life. Because these items are actually purchased and not made with "slave" work like the halls for example, there is no scam here. They would have been better off not purchasing at all and keeping the money.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Your right Red but probably what’s going to happen in the future is they’ll ask for the money for disaster relief and then most will just end up in their pockets. They won’t buy expensive equipment like this and probably have just one truck with their name on it that they’ll drive around to make it look like their actually doing something.

• sir82
    sir82

They are now selling this at what is going to be below market value, probably because they simply don't need them, so they will have a loss on it.

Except that when the next hurricane occurs - and the hurricane season will heat up just a month after this sale - they will need a boatload of "disaster relief" supplies again.

Someone somewhere is making a shirtload of money on this.

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

I think the Big deal is that there is no transparency with anything they do. They just throw out a big number like "We spend over 26 million in relief efforts last year"

Let us look at these equipment auction from the perspective of someone who saw this happen as an Elder with the Orangeburg, SC assembly Hall Project and Also the Salisbury, NC assembly hall project

Step 1 - WT announces a need for equipment to help relief efforts (They purchase very little)

Step 2 - WT receives generous donations of equipment and funds for relief work

Step 3 - WT Repairs members homes and then victims of disasters sign over their insurance checks

Step 4 - Instead of keeping the equipment for the next disaster which is bound to occur in this 'time of the end', they sell it for 100% profit

Step 5 - Hurricane or Flooding occurs and so WT repeats Step 1 - 4

I don't know about you but if you gave your Kid a Bicycle for their birthday and then they turned around and sold it and then next year they asked for another bicycle, how would you feel about that?

At the end of the day, just be transparent that's all....be transparent with CSA list of abusers and with the donated funds as to where they are actually going...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Except that when the next hurricane occurs - and the hurricane season will heat up just a month after this sale - they will need a boatload of "disaster relief" supplies again.

Again, you are missing the point here. Even if when the next hurricane season hits, and assume they need more supplies (which there is no evidence they do - this really might be surplus) the only thing that would make sense profit-wise, would be to ask for money, and then re-use the old shit.

There is no advantage whatsoever for the Org to ask for more money, if they then need to spend it on new equipment. Remember, nobody is auditing the org to know where the money is spent, they simply ask for it.

The scam would only be valid, if they asked for more money to buy supplies, and then actually didn't buy anything, and just reused what they have. But this is exactly the opposite.

To use an analogy, if I asked you for $1000 to buy pants, and then didn't have to report back to you in any way, on how I used to the money, what sense would it make for me to actually buy them, and then sell them as used for less money?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Step 1 - WT announces a need for equipment to help relief efforts (They purchase very little)

Ok i'm with you.

Step 2 - WT receives generous donations of equipment and funds for relief work

Ok i'm with you.

Step 3 - WT Repairs members homes and then victims of disasters sign over their insurance checks

Ok i'm with you.

Step 4 - Instead of keeping the equipment for the next disaster which is bound to occur in this 'time of the end', they sell it for 100% profit

No, they don't. They sell it at auction for a fraction of the price. So they lost money.

Step 5 - Hurricane or Flooding occurs and so WT repeats Step 1 - 4

Again, this is not brain surgery. The only thing that makes sense here, is to again ask for money in step 1, and KEEP the equipment to reuse it. NOBODY is checking if they actually buy new equipment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit