On Blaming God...

by AGuest 135 Replies latest watchtower bible

• noko
    noko
    Cain did serve a life sentence here on Earth til death, while Abel will be brought back from death for eternal life.

Why does the above sentence by :noko: annoy, disturb,and scare me.

If one serves his sentence isn't one aquited from the crime? If your debts are paid they are paid and you do not owe anything for the debt. In other words Jehovah allowed Cain to live so that it would be possible for him to be forgiven, if Cain was forgiven maybe we will indeed shoot the breeze with him and his brother Abel in the Kingdom. Maybe that possibility will be more disturbing to you as well . In any case God is the true judge in this I do believe.

We know how evolution works, and "tinkering by a deity" is not part of the equation. To me, it diminishes the spectacle and beauty of our world whenever someone says, "God did it". The fact that God did not do it makes it all the more interesting and marvellous.We are all enormously lucky to be alive.
    Now what may really trip your trigger is the idea that maybe tinkering by deities caused what we think is evolution. The tree of death had much work to do to challege the tree of life, a court case you could say. It is best if we free our minds and let our hearts be written upon by Christ. . .
  • wonderer2003
    wonderer2003

All I am saying noko is that I appreciate the life I have been given.

and I am sure you appreciate yours. I am glad you have your faith, many people need something to believe in.

I don't have that need.

• JT
    JT

First, please do me a huge favor and remember that I was, at one time, an avid student of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. I studied it for many many years. You perhaps forgot that? Comments like "just so you know... the Law was written..." aren't really necessary. Just so you know. Now, to your question...

don't you just love it when folks speak to as if you don't even know the books of the bible- like you stated many of us were serious students of the bible in terms of researching it along with all kinds of indexes and corncordances both wt and other material

most folks speak to us like if they ask us to turn to matt we would be looking around rev-

• AGuest
    AGuest
    SJ said - why is so difficult to assume that God has HIS reasons for doing what He does... things that may be far beyond understanding...

TJ said - It's a flaw of mine, Shelby. I can only see something as I can see it. If god does something that is beyond understanding, then I would hope that he'd be forgiving for my lack of understanding. Perhaps you should, too?

He IS forgiving of it, Teejay... and I hold NO illwill against you for it, either. But more than forgiving, both He and I, by means of Christ... are TRYING to help you see... MORE. Can we be blamed if YOU don't WANT to see more, but only what you now see... which is what YOU... CHOOSE?

Based on human limitations, I've tried to see things from god's vantage point. So far I am unable to justify some (a lot) of what that one does.

Sigh! Teejay... dear one... that is because YOUR eyes... are limited. "Blind". Can you see as a fly does? Do YOUR eyes WORK like a fly's? Or do you need some type of "tool" to help you... some kind of kaleidoscoping instrument? Can you see the planets with your naked eye? Can you see what is in the deepest part of the ocean? Or do you need a "tool"? All I have been trying to do is help you... and others SEE... is that you need a "tool"... and that there indeed IS a "tool". Christ. If YOU don't want to SEE that there is a "tool"... and YOU don't want to USE the "tool"... how can you be angry with God?

When discussing these types of issues with me, please always bear in mind that, unlike you, I am working at a severe disadvantage: god doesn't talk to me and never has.

Yes, you are disadvantaged, dear one, but not in the way that you think. God HAS spoken to you and DOES speak to you. You... refuse to HEAR. And this indeed puts you at a disadvantage. How can I say that you REFUSE to hear? Because... not once in all the time that we have communicated have you asked TO hear... by means of the "tool" that He has provided, His Son. How do I know this? Because... had you asked... you would have received. You have not RECEIVED... because you have not asked. And you can try and tell everyone here that you have... but you and I... and God and Christ... know the truth of that. Regardless... of what you SAY. Not one syllable in four and a half decades. (Smiling) When you finally get it... whever that may be... you are gonna slap yourself on the forehead... HARD... and say, "THAT was him?! Well, DUH! I mean, yeah, he SAID it was him... but, I mean, I didn't BELIEVE it! I mean, that's not what "THEY" told me it would be like!" Unfortunately, you won't be able to hold "them" totally accountable. You yourself will have to bear SOME of the... responsibility... for your failure to hear. Because it was YOU... who did not believe it.

For that reason, when it comes to understanding his personality and possible motives, I'm limited by what he (purportedly) said and did as recorded in the bible.

You are limited... by what you... and others... have limited you BY. You have NOT been limited... by God... except to the extent that it is through His Son that you must approach. THAT... is the ONLY... limitation He has put upon us. All others... we either put upon ourselves... or let others put upon us. That is why He says... you have been MISled.

SJ said - To me, however, EVERYTHING that I have seen and hear... is "real" to me... and that of the spirit world even MORE real... because I HAVE experienced it and realized it. And it answers ALL of the questions of THIS world... while THIS world... CANNOT answer a single one of that one's...

TJ said - See what I mean? Everyone has not experienced the same thing.

But... everyone... CAN... dear, Teejay! By means of the same "Way" that I have and do.

You have "seen" the spirit world. I have not.

Don't be too sure, Teejay... don't be too sure. Have you ever had one of those experiences where, when you are about, say, age 13, and all of a sudden you remember something from when you were, say, 4 or 5? Don't be too sure... because most likely, you just don't RECALL what all you have seen. Certainly, if you can't recall all that you have seen in THIS world... you aren't expected to recall what you may have seen of that one. How then CAN you recall it? The Holy Spirit... will recall BACK to you... all that has been said to you... by the Word. You just have not opened yourself up TO such a thing. Yet.

One would think that you would speak with me with that understanding in mind, rather than your usual (and constant) condescension.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Ya'll have called me everything from crazy to my Lord knows what. And I have spent hours... days... YEARS... inviting you to "experience" the SAME thing that I have... seeing and hearing what is spiritual. You chide me, ridicule me, slander me and much more... and then you say that I... am condescending. I have humored you... loved you... been long-suffering with you... and cried over you. In some cases and to some degree I have even begged, dear TJ. I have not left you... nor have I left off from imploring you and trying to reason with you. But I am the one who is "condescending." Tell me... what MORE... would you have me do? Be even MORE patient? Am I not here... STILL... trying to reason with you on these things?

SJ said - "We" always run around daring people to have an "open" mind. Yet, in TRUTH... for most of us... our minds... and more importantly our HEARTS... exist "closed". Tightly shut against anything that is not of our understanding, and certainly not of the physical world.

I take it that you directed that comment at me? If so, I accept it (although I feel it totally unjustified).

Yes, it was directed at you... and others. And I will tell you the TRUTH of your response: you ACCEPT it, because it is true and your SPIRIT bears witness with that truth. However, your FLESH... has a problem with it. Why? Because... NO "discipline" is joyous... but grievous. While you spirit could hear the truth in the statement... your flesh... took offense. However, the GOOD thing is that your spirit... won. It did not let your flesh lead you to totally reject the truth of what was said. That is the TRUTH, Teejay.

Try as I might, I cannot fathom things that are beyond my ability to fathom.

No, you can't. Not if it is beyond YOUR ability to do. BUT... with CHRIST as the "tool"... it would not BE beyond your ability; by means of HIM... you would most certainly BE... able. You must LEARN... from HIM. It is like those who cannot "fathom" calculus... or physics... or other galaxies, dear Teejay. Does that mean that such things do not exist? Or does it simply mean that such is beyond THEIR capability... without some kind of help, assistance... tool?

I know you might say, as you have in the past, that my failure to understand the deity lies with me, and I accept both your rebuke of me as well as whatever it is you say I lack in not being able to see or hear god. Maybe one day...

It will occur for you, Teejay. Just KEEP seeking and KEEP asking and KEEP knocking. Do NOT give out. And why do I know that you will receive what you wish for? Because, contrary to what you might want me to believe about you... you are still in this discussion for a reason: you truly want to know God. He knows that. But YOU have to come to terms with the fact that it is on HIS terms that such knowledge will come to you. Through Christ... and only through Christ. You are angry; He knows that (Psalm 4:4). But... you are not RIGHT. Leave off from your own SELF-righteousness... and seek HIS. Start there.

SJ said - I am not asking you or anyone here to be ignorant, Teejay. Far from it. I am not asking that you believe in a fairy tale. I am not asking that you believe... anything. What YOU believe to be true... is entirely up to you.

TJ said - I believe what is truth TO ME, Shelby. Don’t you?

Of course, I do, Teejay. That is why I am HERE. But while I may state to you that you are in error in your belief... I do not slander you. I do not ridicule you. I do not hold illwill against you. And I do not blaspheme your belief. Rather, I TRY... to show you WHY I believe that I do. And I TRY to do it with a wish for peace... and the utmost kindness and respect. And because MY flesh grows "tired"... because I am, afterall, flesh with its blood just as you are... and so do not always sound... ummmm... "sweet"... you consider me condescending. But when I DO sound "sweet"... you ridicule that, too. It is as my Lord said: you are like the little children in the market place who cried out, "We played the flute for you... but you didn't dance; we sang a dirge... but you didn't mourn." I'm damned if I do... and damned if I don't. And why not - a slave is not greater than (her) master.

If I deem something as being either out-rightly false or simply unsubstantiated, then so be it. I would expect the same of you.

And that is all that I do, Teejay.

Do you ever say that god has spoken to you when you know full well that he hasn't?

Teejay... hear me. Please. HEAR me. GOD... does not speak to me. Not generally. I have heard His voice... well, three times, now. It is His SON who speaks to me... and no, I have never said that my Lord has spoken to me when he hasn't. I HAVE misunderstood something said... or taken the voice of the Adversary for "truth". But that was quite early on... when I was learning to differentiate... before I truly KNEW my Lord... and the subtle difference between his voice... and the "angel of light" that Satan sometimes transforms himself into. For example, early on... one "voice" told me that the WTBTS would never receive what I had been given and told to share with them... that others besides me had been sent to them and they either rejected and/or "killed" such ones... but that I had to share it anyway... so that they could not say they weren't told or given enough chance. However, another voice said, "Stay here... wait on Jehovah... they'll get it." Initially, I "listened" to the second voice. But I have learned WHICH voice it is that speaks TRUTH. The second voice said the "easier" thing - but the first voice said the TRUTHFUL thing.

SJ said - You get angry, Teejay... because you do not know God.

Do you really believe that?

That you get angry because you do not know God? Yes. Absolutely.

That I'm angry with god?

Did I say that? Sigh! This is PRIME example: you SAY you listen... you SAY you hear. YOU say you read this and that.

No, I'm not angry with god. OTOH, I don't make excuses for what I see as his mistakes, either

I don't see that He is asking you to make excuses for Him, dear Teejay. HE... does not NEED to be excused. WE... starting with Adam... and moving on to Cain and past... do.

But... you also do not wish to KNOW Him.

Could it be even slightly possible, Shelby, that the judgments you have pronounced upon me here (and in other threads) are totally wrong?

Judgments?! I have not judged you, Teejay. Not at all. Because I tell you the TRUTH... I am "judging" you? You... have called ME... crazy... based on my knowledge and understanding. YOU... have judge ME... as incompetent... insane. You... have "closed the door"... on ME. I have not done so to you.

In your assessments of me, can you truthfully say that you are, without a doubt, perfectly accurate?

No, I cannot say so. Indeed, I would HOPE... that I am wrong... that you simply do not know what you are saying and doing... and CAN open your mind and heart. I would want THAT... much more than I would want to be "perfectly accurate." However, I promise you, Teejay... that I will not LIE to you. I will not "tickle" your ears. I never took you as the type who needed that.

Some here on this board have treated you—in my view—most disrespectfully. They have called you names... said you are mental... even "dangerous." Have I? No. I have never—not once—made such judgments of you.

Are you SURE, dear Teejay? Shall I pull up posts?

Whenever I address you, I do so as an equal, with every bit as much respect for you as I render to any other poster on this board, despite the fact that I generally disagree with your "god" posts.

Now, that is a relatively "new" thing between us, Teejay, isn't it? Our old discussions might show a different "truth". There may even be a recent one...

That being the case... why, I ask, do you repeatedly make belittling judgments of me as you have throughout this thread... judgments that are so often condemnatory in nature?

My dearest, dearest Teejay... if I have in ANY way led you to believe that I think little of you... in ANY way... then I sincerely... and humbly apologize. That was NOT my intention at all... and that is also one of the "perils" of using the Internet... and going by what is WRITTEN: emphasis, tone and intention can be greatly misconstrued. Would you not agree that it is only FACE-TO-FACE that you can get a better idea of the TRUE person with whom you are speaking? It is the same way... with God and Christ: you CAN'T go by what is "written" on paper; you HAVE to see THEM.

How can you be so sure about what I want to know... of where my heart is? The very fact that I engage you in dialog (albeit as an unbeliever) should give you some sort of clue. Sadly, you never get it.

I am sure, Teejay... as I have responded to you above. I DID get it. I have given you the benefit of the doubt, as I give ALL... which is why I still engage in discussion. I will go the distance... until something is said where I can't. The choice in this is not completely mine; remember, I signed on as a servant.

What says your god about your condemnatory, judgmental attitude?

If I told you TRUTHFULLY what He says... you would possibly become even more angry... even at me and possibly at Him. Because I would not lie to you. So, why stir up that fire? "See" what you wish, Teejay, as regards who has been judgmental and condescending. As for me, my peace toward YOU... remains. YOUR servant and a slave of Christ, SJ

• JT
    JT
    If the Law was not in effect until it was written, what "great badness" and "'sin' against God" was Joseph speaking of when responding to Potiphar's wife? What "law" would HE have been breaking

considering THE TIMES I would think that any one working in the house of a High Gov Official ( who could put you to death) would know it was wrong to "Bang" the man's wife-

most cultures in general have a moral code of not sleeping with the King's/ High Official's or just Frank up the street wife-

he was certainly not refering to the law code for it was not even written- even paul refered to most men have a Law unto themselves that certain things are bad-

why do you think Moses got the He!! out of Egyupt after he killed that dude- even though it would be years later before he even got the law against THY SHALL NOT KILL-A

YOU SEE the jews/christains are by no means the only group of religious folks who had rules of conduct

• AGuest
    AGuest

First, just so's you know... which is a phrase that had absolutely NO intention of condescension behind it...

It was not a discussion about the books of the Bible or where such books are IN the Bible...

Nor was it about what is IN the Bible...

Nor was it about the written Law;

Rather, it was a statement regarding the existence of the Law BEFORE it was written at Sinai... which is exactly the same thing as "when those who are without Law do BY NATURE the things OF the Law" being "a Law... unto themselves." Thus, those who are a "law unto themselves" would be in the same class as those who did not the written (on stone) Law.

Second, just so's you know... if a person is gonna take offense at even the tiniest of things, no matter the intention of the speaker... rather than giving the speaker the benefit of the doubt... they are going to take offense; there is no stopping it. Love, however, believes all things, hopes all things... bears all things. It never fails.

And third, just so's you know... you who have studied the Bible, whether the NWT or another, so long and so thoroughly... perhaps you have also read in the Bible where it says to not "hurry" yourself in the taking of offense, for the taking of offense... is what lies with the stupid ones.

Just so's you know.

I bid you peace. Truly.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• teejay
    teejay

Shelby said:

Can we be blamed if YOU don't WANT to see more, but only what you now see... which is what YOU... CHOOSE?

Teejay... YOUR eyes... are limited. "Blind".

All I have been trying to do is help you... SEE...

... and YOU don't want to USE the "tool"... how can you be angry with God?

God HAS spoken to you and DOES speak to you. You... refuse to HEAR.

You have not RECEIVED... because you have not asked.

And you can try and tell everyone here that you have... but you and I... and God and Christ... know the truth of that. Regardless... of what you SAY.

When you finally get it... you are gonna slap yourself on the forehead... HARD...

... you won't be able to hold "them" totally accountable. You yourself will have to bear SOME of the... responsibility... for your failure to hear. Because it was YOU... who did not believe it.

You are limited... by what you... and others... have limited you BY.

Ya'll have called me everything from crazy to my Lord knows what. And I have spent hours... days... YEARS... inviting you to "experience" the SAME thing that I have... seeing and hearing what is spiritual. You chide me, ridicule me, slander me and much more... and then you say that I... am condescending.

[Note: "y'all" may have called you names, but teejay never has. He has even defended you... even as recently as yesterday. ]

I have not left you... nor have I left off from imploring you and trying to reason with you.

We" always run around daring people to have an "open" mind. Yet, in TRUTH... for most of us... our minds... and more importantly our HEARTS... exist "closed". Tightly shut against anything that is not of our understanding -- AGuest

I take it that you directed that comment at me? If so, I accept it (although I feel it totally unjustified). -- teejay

Yes, it was directed at you...

... you ACCEPT it, because it is true and your SPIRIT bears witness with that truth. However, your FLESH... has a problem with it. Why? Because... NO "discipline" is joyous... but grievous. While you spirit could hear the truth in the statement... your flesh... took offense.

You are angry; But... you are not RIGHT. Leave off from your own SELF-righteousness... and seek HIS.

... you consider me condescending. But when I DO sound "sweet"... you ridicule that, too.

It is as my Lord said: you are like the little children in the market place who cried out, "We played the flute for you... but you didn't dance; we sang a dirge... but you didn't mourn."

I have heard His voice... well, three times, now. It is His SON who speaks to me...

I HAVE misunderstood something said... or taken the voice of the Adversary for "truth". But that was quite early on... when I was learning to differentiate... before I truly KNEW my Lord... and the subtle difference between his voice... and the "angel of light" that Satan sometimes transforms himself into.

... you also do not wish to KNOW Him.

You... have called ME... crazy... based on my knowledge and understanding. YOU... have judge ME... as incompetent... insane. You... have "closed the door"... on ME. I have not done so to you. [Untrue. Please show me where I have EVER called you any sort of name or judged you.]

• ninecharger
    ninecharger

I stubbed my toe yesterday.

When you consider how unlikely that a particular formation of atoms could all be simultaneously interacting at those coordinates at that time by chance (something like 10 to power of -49) there must be a god who did it. Therefore my pain is god's fault. Since only the WBTS is god's channel I aim to sue the ass off them as representatives of the one who made my bedroom a pigsty.

If you say I made my bedroom conform to this incredibly unlikely interaction of atoms I must be god.

Speaking as god I have to insist that the WBTS does not represent me. I have appointed BLONDIE. ( Who I think knows where I am coming from!)

• DJ
    DJ
    instead of telling her- look here sister, brothers are fleshly -they like FINE LOOKING SISTERS and that is why "Sister Just Baptized" is getting married this summer after being a jw for 6 months- SHE IS FINE!!!!!!!!

and the same with this poster - who was asked:

Why would a loving god leave a helpless child to be raped------------- and the only GOOFY Sh!t this poster could come up with is to tell a child that the man's Penis will get soft and he will no longer be able to continue to rape you

in other words the "Act" of rape is not Eternal- it only last for a few minutes or so it is not ETERNAL

i would have much more respect for a believer is he just simly said "I don;t know why a loving god would do such a thing"

instead of making up some BS answer.

HOW DUMB

Hi JT,

I'm sorry but I do see a difference here between lying to the "ugly sisters" and sharing my beliefs truthfully. I was asked a question about why God allows such sufferings and I answered it to the best of my beliefs. I did not lie to her. You are comparing your lies with my belief.

I do believe that these children who are raped and beaten or murdered or whatever....will see vengeance and will have their tears wiped away by God HIMSELF!!. Eternal life vs. the seventy?? years we get here? If you could have 1/2 century or so... here in this world in a relative happy existence as compared to FOREVER....in a state of bliss without one tear.....what would you pick? Check out LUKE 16:19-31. What lazarus has compared to the rich man is far better. Some have their "cake" here and now and others wait patiently upon God....and others give up on everything instead of "believing" what God has promised.

I know that God had mercy on us, xjw's....He knows that we have been lied to and hurt and beaten and even ROBBED of Christ Himself. Yet, I think it is sad when some let the wt experience from the rest of their life's relationship with God. To me, anyway..it is as if the wt wins when we who leave turn away from God. I have felt His touch and His peace in my heart and soul, so strong and so very loving that I am sure that He knows me.I want to leave this world and be with Him when I feel His presence in me. I never ever even came close to that with the jw's. It was a rigid, deceitful, boastful, arrogant man made religion. They are not even about God. They are about themselves wrapped up in sheep's clothing. I find it amazing too, that Jesus warned us of such false teachers who would try to steal us. Don't let them win. They lied to us from beginning to end. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater is so sad to me. yet, so many xjw's have done just that. You know, most in cult-like religions...when people leave they are angry with God and become atheist or agnostic, etc... To me, all that shows is that the cult was succesful one way or another. They are successful if they keep their recruits and they still win when some see it as a man made religion and then turn around and hate God for it.

He never left us, He is still waiting with arms stretched out for you. He knows you are hurtin'. He knows all of it. He is knowable and reachable, just go to Him in prayer. i am not asking you to join a religion!! NO<<< I am asking you to persevere in your prayers to seek His real face.. Tell Him that you don't know how to pray anymore, tell Him that you are angry or scared or confused......etc... That is when He hears us. Ask Him to bless you with His Holy Spirit so that you can receive help with your prayers. Remember one thing JT...when you go to God, go because He is good alone, not because you feel good about yourself or you think you got all the "doctrine" just so... etc//... He knows your pains and all of your feelings and He understands why. What is so awful about going to Him? It is not about "religion" It is about fellowship. You know that Jesus died for your sins too, so be thankful for that, and proceed before His throne with a grateful heart and a desire to know Him better. This life here is temporary!!!!! Look up to your future life in eternity!!!!!! That is the prize, and Christ already won it for you when He bought you. Just receive Him. Quit dwelling on the past and set you mind on your future in Christ. What have you go to lose. Yes, you might feel persecution as a Christian ( not the kind the wt makes up...) but your reward for enduring the persecutions will be worth every secong a million times over. He will strenghthen you, when you ask Him. Just don't let go of His arm. Be brave, brother and of good courage. Or you can have your "cake" here/ If you are even having any cake...?? Being an xjw without Christ isn't exactly cake is it? Our sufferings here are nothing compared to the riches in for those who belong to Christ. That is called, hope. It's free, a gift. you know your bible?? Then you know that you can't earn salvation by works right? Any good works will flow out of you when you receive His love and it has been prapared for you to walk in those good works. Love, peace, joy.....you can feel that for real. I'm sorry if I went on a roll there JT. You probably have heard it all before and I just really annoyed you....I'm so sorry if that is true. I just wanted to share this alternative with you because I just care and want you to be set free like I have been. There just isn't anything like it on this green earth. I hope you aren't angry with me, my intent is from a lovingconcern for a you, who I feel that I can relate to in many ways. Please don't come back at me with any anger. If hope that you are not offended. love, dj

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

So what's it gonna be JT? Huh, what's it gonna be??? lol. He knows you're hurting JT, he knows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit