A pet peeve

by punkofnice 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A pet peeve of mine is that there are numerous christian denominations (other faiths with their 'holy' books too), all claim that their interpretation of their 'holy' book is the correct interpretation.

My conclusion is that either their god is a very poor communicator or simply doesn't exist.

I used to believe all this stuff when I was a Jobo and later a church going christian. I simply cannot, in all honesty subscribe to it all any more.

I respect the beliefs of others as long as they respect mine.

I just needed to get that out.

Thank you for your time darlings.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes Punk! Agreed!

Its almost as if the Almighty revels in making it difficult for people to learn the truth about him...and then punishes them with death for failing to know him...

Seems so loving?

Or maybe there is no such thing as a god, but he is the creation of the Bronze Age goat herders and 1st century simpletons who wrote the bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

stucky - When I was a christian, a friend of mine said, 'I think that if there was a god, he'd make it more obvious.' That got me thinking.

• venus
    venus

Genesis chapter 23 is all about the bargain Abraham conducts with locals for buying a burial land for his wife, too much information about woman’s menstruation … yet too little information about the creation of whole mankind—just one verse 1:26

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

venus - yes. It's all a bit bonkers, I'll agree.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hint = my interpretation self empowers myself not yours or theirs, therefore my interpretation is correct.

Men who seek power through god usually get it if they persevere long enough, having your own publishing house helps in that endeavor..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Finky - I agree, it is most often a power trip..........just like the one those vile pervert lovers the governing body of Jehovah's witnesses patently are enjoying. Vile scum of the lowest order.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

“Isn’t it a remarkable coincidence that almost everyone has the same religion as their parents? And it always just happens to be the right religion.”

• just saying!
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

eye - True

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is relevant acceptance to the fact that the American freedom of religion ideology has enabled many men enabled to pursue their own religion and subsequent self pursued power source.

The WTS has for a long time demeaned the top Christian faiths such as Catholicism and Protestantism in turn promoting their own theology at the same time, thereby building up their own power source unrestricted and unregulated.

The ending result of that self pursuit or freedom in action has developed into a highly controlling cult, which has resulted in the unfortunate deaths of thousands and many families being broken a part, those are The Truthful statistics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit