Video: 607 & 1914 Why These Dates Matter to Jehovah's Witnesses

by LevelThePlayingField 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

Variations on this crystal clear, well presented message have been in circulation for decades. Yes, that's right: Decades.

Unfortunately, it is dead in the water, Most JWs cannot even summon the will - and likely lack the ability - to think through this improtant issue from start to conclusion.

This is a sad, but telling, reflection on the absence "studiousness" within the organization.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Great video Lloyd,

I'm a fan. I'm wondering why you did not also mention the 'math-magic' that the borg uses to also arrive at 1914. The number 2,520 is derived from multiplying 7 X 360=2,520. It's always bother me that the borg used the JEWISH calendar year of 360 days to "prove" a date found in the Gregorian calendar year of 1914 which is based on 365 1/4 days per year. Was there ever a reasonable explanation given as to the 5 1/4 days per year disappeared? Magic?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I like the videos that use the borgs own publications to show that Jerusalem was destroyed in 587.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I thought the reason Jesus choose the WTS, namely J Rutherford in 1919 because he and Russell were bad at math ?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Cedars/Lloyd has been under a lot of community fire recently. Its nice to see he is still focused and cranking out anti watchtower bombshells. Old info or not, he makes it concise and relevant.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

When 1914 is wrong, the slave is gone!

1914 and the article the WT printed in 2011 was the tipping point for me.

What is the most important thing about the date 1914?

If 1914 is wrong, there cannot be any slave that was appointed in 1919.

Just because "generations overlap" or "Jehovah is letting more people come into the truth".... or "it doesn't matter to me how long he let's this system continue".....

When 1914 is wrong, the slave is gone.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

When I was active in the religion the year 1914 was the date I heard talked about most.

Funny that this date means zero now!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!'

I look forward to the day, soon when WT's louse-up of 607 BC and 1914 takes a big bite out of their ego!

• smiddy
    smiddy

The average JW~s of today , do not care what was taught more than 5 years ago , it is all old light , they are only interested in what is currently taught today , if that .

There are no Biblical scholars among them anywhere in the world today

They simply discard there errors as if they never made them ,

There is not an honest bone in any of the Governing Body Members , shame on them.

smiddy

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Being "in " and not bothering about your core doctrinal date is rather like having a malignant tumor on your forehead and being dismissive about it !

T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit