Video: 607 & 1914 Why These Dates Matter to Jehovah's Witnesses

by LevelThePlayingField 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

This is a great video. I think it's his best work so far. Everything you ever wanted to know about 607 in 30 minutes. He really debunks Watchtower on this one. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7q8J6cpVQ&feature=youtu.be

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Here's everything you need to know about 607 in two words: It's 587!
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    I have not watched all of it but it's good
  • snapdragon4
    snapdragon4
    I've watched it all, brilliant rebuttal of Watchtower dates, well worth investing 30 minutes of your time.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very well done indeed!

Great research and factual information.

Especially liked his summary about why it matters from about 30.45 min to the end mark!

• Simon
    Simon

I think ex-JW's care more about this than current witnesses do. I really can't remember caring about 607 / 1914 when I was in.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, That is a VERY good point Simon.

99% of witnesses would NOT know how to do the mental gymnastics to explain 1914 to people. And that is what the GB counts on - "Just believe it because we tell you its true"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

When I was in I just just accepted the whole dates thing on face value and never queried it. Most people learn about these dates as children of the borg or during the love bombing honeymoon phase of their recrutiment and their eyes glaze over during these studies, talks and articles. So these lies are "hidden in plain sight" for the majority of JWs.

That's what effective cults do.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I think ex-JW's care more about this than current witnesses do. I really can't remember caring about 607 / 1914 when I was in.

Well, the ones that really care about these dates become exJWs. I never really cared much about 607, but I was definitely invested in 1914. Towards the end of my time in the cult, WWI happening in 1914 was basically the only thing my faith was based on.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Very interesting - I was grasping TTATT, at the time we were studying the Revelation book. It was when I read the box about 606-607, it finally clicked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit