Fade update...

by StarTrekAngel 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I have attended only one meeting in the past 3 weeks. I know there is no way to leave this cult fast enough, but is my fade too fast?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Depends on your congregation, if their a caring bunch then go to a couple of meetings on Sunday, then maybe one during the week for a month or two, then only a couple meetings on Sunday per month then one per month for a couple more months that should do it. If it's an uncaring bunch then your right on track.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    How do you feel? I haven't been to field circus in three months and I love it. I have gone to some meetings.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I have not gone to FS in over a year and neither has my wife, even though she is technically still in. No visit or attempts to visit by elders. Not even when the CO has come and go.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Cold turkey works well....
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If you are already inactive and sporadic in meeting attendance (IOW, they already view you as "weak") it could take a while for any of them to figure out you have gone AWOL.

Only time will tell if the fade was "too fast" in the sense of spooking the elders into harrassing you. Just have an excuse ready for when or if anyone enquires after you.

I wouldn't worry though, most JWs are put off quite easily.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The C.O., when he makes his ''holy'' round every 6 months or so, can whip the eldubs into arranging a drop in visit. This usually does occur on the Thursday or the Friday of the visit after the C.O. meets with the Elders and MS's on one of the weeknights.

They pop by and say, ''oh, we were in the area in the ministry, thought we'd go by and see how you are. Just thinking of you while we're in your area.''

Bull-$shit. It was arranged in the nights before with the CO, Elders and MS'.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I think it depends on your specific situation. I just quit abruptly. If you haven't been in service for a year, I'd think you could just quit "cold turkey" as stuckinarut2 said. I just couldn't stand it anymore.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    If you've no relatives or friends to worry about, cease all contact. Enjoy your life.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Seems like no one cares now, they are not likely to (actually) care if they never see you again. Does wife go? Is she making excuses for you (both) about FS? If she isn't, then no one really cares. If she is, then you may get a CO coming to visit visit eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit