Fade update...

by StarTrekAngel 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

you sound like me...believe me when i say. My wife know exactly how i feel about the BORG. Thanks god we are doing ok know. but, we do have our rough patches.

i have come to the realization that she will never open he eyes and guess what. i am fine with it.

live long and prosper.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Are there others in the congregation that are also weak, faded, irregular, or otherwise occupying the eldurs' time?

Some congregations have enough problems that they don't even notice if someone quietly stops attending.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We were gonna slowly "fade" but after skipping a few meetings, it was impossible to return.

Enjoy your freedom!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    You can never fade too fast. You will eventually be on someones radar. Like Billy said, it all depends on the problems the elders are dealing with or they will only call on you when the CO makes his rounds or the memorial is coming up.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STAR TREK ANGEL:

There is no magic formula for "fading". It depends on your circumstances and everyone is different.

I planned it carefully and also made sure I had friends outside!

I'm single and worked so it was easier for me. I just picked a Thursday night meeting to deliberately miss and that was the start of my "fade". It was wonderful to stay home and watch CSI. It was winter time and what a relief not to go out on a cold night when I was dead-tired from work.

What a light, free feeling I had!

I wasn't really "missed" until a month or so and I had the excuse of a death in the family. I ignored the greeting cards.

Just don't let anybody corner you. Screen your phone calls, etc. and look before you answer the door. Good Luck.

• breezy
    breezy
    Looks like we're both in the same exact situation. I haven't been to the hall in 2-3 weeks so decided to show my face on sunday and continue on with my fade. My service report shows like 1 hour for the past 3-4 months. No visits from the elders but im sure they're bound to come
  • cognac
    cognac

StarTrek- I think that's a personal decision that every individual has to make.

If you think it's to fast, go to another meeting to get a feel for things. Or, don't.

That's the great thing about being free. You can do what makes you happy....

• tiki
    tiki

Do whatever you want whenever you want. Its different for everyone.....just get free. And enjoy life!

• done4good
    done4good

Cold turkey works most of the time. Contrary to popular belief, even with family in it can be done. You just need to keep low key overall in that case.

d4g

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    What worked for me is I had already been in a congregation outside my territory for 10 years because of "work reasons". Though the real reason I originally moved to that cong was because most of my friends went to it. I eventually woke up to the TTAT. When the time came to fade I started looking at other congregations in the area, trying to find one where I wouldn't know anyone. I found one and moved there because of "work reasons" again. I think this was probably made easier since I was coming from a congregation that was outside of my territory as well. Once my records were received I stopped cold turkey. It's been 5 months and haven't heard anything yet from the elders in that congregation. Probably helps that they hardly met me and I live quite far outside the territory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit