Neighbors just left for Convention

by wasasister 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Friends:

It's an absolutely flawless day here in the Pacific Northwest. Not a cloud in the sky, light breeze, afternoon highs to reach 80 F. We take our share of deserved jabs about our bad weather, but when it's good here, it's VERY, VERY good.

I rose early (my day off today), dressed in jogging clothes, spashed water on my face, ran a brush through my hair, brewed a pot of fresh-ground Starbucks Dark Roast and went out on my front porch to enjoy the delightful morning beverage while listening to birds sing.

My reverie was disturbed by angry voices: as I turned towards the noise, I noticed my neighbors' garage door opening. The family - dressed in suits, ties, panty-hose, and uncomfortable shoes - emerged and began loading bookbags and lunch coolers into the mini-van. They were arguing about something - it seemed one of the teenagers wanted to drive their own car rather than ride with Mom and Dad - and did not seem at all imbued with Holy Spirit. The teenager lost the argument, they crammed into the car and drove away.

Five years ago (or was it six?), I would have been sitting next to them at the Tacoma Dome, sweating in my panty hose, waiting for my butt to fall asleep so the pain would stop.

I took another sip of my coffee, stroked my cat's fur, inhaled the rich perfume of a summer morning, and remembered how lucky I was to be right where I am.

Wasa/sharing "life is good" feelings

• Latte
    Latte

I feel SAD for them.....

brewed a pot of fresh-ground Starbucks Dark Roast

........and extremely jealous of you!

I am so glad that you are out! One less to suffer from following rules of men.

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

The thought of 3 long days at the Astrodome, not to mention the hour walk to and from the car is something I do not miss. Just to have to sit there and hear about people twice my age who have pioneered for 30 years and those CORNBALL DRAMAS. I have the most hilarious picture that a friend of mine took one year of me, my husband and daughter. ALL THREE OF US ARE SOUND ASLEEP IN OUR SEATS!!!! Now that would be a neat cover picture for the Watchtower.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

ahhh, wassa, isn't life grand!!

I LOVE not going to those sleep-fests. I can't begin to count all the new blessings in my life!

j2bf

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    It's an absolutely flawless day here in the Pacific Northwest. Not a cloud in the sky, light breeze, afternoon highs to reach 80 F. We take our share of deserved jabs about our bad weather, but when it's good here, it's VERY, VERY good.

I rose early (my day off today), dressed in jogging clothes, spashed water on my face, ran a brush through my hair, brewed a pot of fresh-ground Starbucks Dark Roast and went out on my front porch to enjoy the delightful morning beverage while listening to birds sing.

Wasa,

I love the PacNW...I'm so jealous of you I could about scream.

Of course, if we could just get the house sold and get finally moved to Arizona I might have a few days to relax before classes start.

Asleif of the "tearing her hair out from the stress" class

• sandy
    sandy
    They were arguing about something - it seemed one of the teenagers wanted to drive their own car rather than ride with Mom and Dad - and did not seem at all imbued with Holy Spirit. The teenager lost the argument, they crammed into the car and drove away.

That sounds like my family on any regular meeting night. LOL .

My family is so afraid to say anything negative in my presence about people in the congregation for fear of stumbling me. LOL

But they have no problem fighting like cat and dogs while they are getting ready for the meetings .

• Mulan
    Mulan

Me too!!!!!!! My JW friend has 12 realtives visiting to go to the Tacoma Dome convention. (she and her husband went to Amarillo 2 or 3 weeks ago, so are staying home this weekend) She called me after they left close to 9 PM. They will never get there on time, or get a decent seat. We all live about an hour and 15 minutes from the Dome and they would have Friday morning traffic too.

I opted for Costa Rica French Roast and sat back and relaxed. I agree with wasa. This is better.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Mulan: I knew you'd be able to relate. While the Tacoma Dome is bad, we've both been to worse places, haven't we? The King Dome, for example, or how about the outdoor stadium in Vancouver??

I felt compelled to share my morning for some reason. I suppose we appreciate the little joys in life more when we recall what it is like to forego them.

You're all invited back to my place for a splash in the pool and a cool drink of your choice.

Wasa

• Dansk
    Dansk

Are they still charging for parking in the Tacoma Dome? http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

Dansk

• wasasister
    wasasister

Last I heard, there had been "new light" about collecting for parking. As was related to me, some nasty Apostates had manipulated the Tacoma press into making it sound as if there were some sort of scandal, when in fact, it was all just a silly misunderstanding.

I don't think they sell the parking passes at the KH prior to the convention as they once did.

Now, if they sold comfortable seating, that would be a real gold-mine. How about $10 for a seating upgrade, Old People be damned???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit