slimboyfat rejoins the Jehovah's Witnesses

by slimboyfat 42 Replies latest members adult

• Listener
    Listener

Having a poor memory isn't always a bad thing ;)

• bsmart
    bsmart

So Slim, do you have family that makes you head to the Klingon hall every so often?

. The times I go are when a funeral of an old friend or such. Otherwise I cant do it.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Why go back to something that quiet clearly is harmful?

In my dark vulnerable times when battling my frequent bouts of depression, I always think of going back. No matter what anyone says, we have to fight on a daily basis to realise we made the right decision. Maybe going back, even if it is a one off, gives us a little comfort.

What we do after we have left, and how strong we are as individuals is nothing short of remarkable. I will never set foot in a KH again. The trauma I have been left with is more than enough to deal with. However, I salute those who can cross the threshold of an evil satanic building filled with people who cannot wait to see 7 billion inhabitants perish in a mass slaughter.

I little bit of advice. Once you have made the decision to leave. Always remember the story we were subjected to regarding Lots wife, and use this in reverse. Never ever look back.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Hi slimboyfat. I read all of your post. I totally understand where you are coming from. Everything isn't black and white when it comes to the religion of Jehovah's witnesses.

I went back for a number of years, but found myself fading again. To be honest, for sake of family I will in all probability likely attend now and again, as need my faith. At the same time I will actively do everything I can to help try and bring an end to policies that hurt people. Admittedly, there is a lot of good within the organisation. It's just unfortunate they are so controlling, intrusive and restrictive towards its members.

I liked your observations. It's amazing how many changes there has been within the past few years. Let's hope they change for the better soon

• cofty
    cofty
    Everything isn't black and white when it comes to the religion of Jehovah's witnesses

I believe it is. I can think of absolutely nothing good about that organisation. Literally not one single thing. That is not coming from bitterness but from reason and rationality.

SBF in view of your history nobody can be blamed for not understanding it was intended as irony.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

That's about the same BS I heard in 1987 when I hauled ass, doom and glum.

• Sorry
    Sorry

One of the few people who knew the title was a joke from the jump. Some notes:

I don't know why he's referencing page numbers if most, if not all, JWs are using the app now.

Yup, at the last meeting they made the same reference to homosexuality as being a 'thorn in the flesh'. After the meeting, all anyone could talk about (my parents included) is how being gay is a choice, a bad one at that. But once we're in the new system, Jehovah will correct the matter.

As for your invitation, if you were beloved before you faded, they'll typically welcome you back with open arms no matter how long you were out (I've seen it happen). If you weren't popular, you're not so lucky.

I never liked how much they emphasized studying the literature. If JWs are a Bible based religion as they claim, there should be just as much emphasis on Bible reading. But no, I lose count how many times we're told to read literature daily.

• steve2
    steve2

I joined some JWs after they fell apart and they fell apart once again and - guess what? - I had to rejoin them again.

• stavro
    stavro
    I notice the new figures this year is 8,132,000 publishers on average, an increase of 1.8% over last year. Which is bigger than the 1.5% increase recorded last year. I was really sure JWs would start declining this year, what with all the cutbacks, bad publicity, absurd teaching, superficial publications and so on. How come they keep growing?

Are the stats for this year out?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When I originally stopped posting on this forum and "returned" to JWs a couple of years ago it was because I was spotted on the forum by someone I know. That's when I made the original "return" thread. Which was clear to most people at the time.

Then I made a thread about "joining" the Mormons a few weeks ago to describe attending one of their meetings to see what it was like, and comparing it with the Kingdom Hall.

So the title of this thread was a reference to both the earlier threads, meaning I was attending a JW meeting again after a long time, and this was a description of what I saw.

I figured that would be pretty obvious to anyone who actually read the post itself. The history of the earlier threads might help but was not necessary. And I thought that people who are not interested just wouldn't bother reading.

I guess what I hadn't anticipated was the number of people who wouldn't read the post, but nevertheless get worked up about what they imagined the post might be about which they hadn't read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit