slimboyfat rejoins the Jehovah's Witnesses

by slimboyfat 42 Replies latest members adult

• DJS
    DJS

Lord here,

Yes, read it all. Comments remain relevant.

• Village Idiot
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Hi Slim, I didn't pick up on the headline being facetious either!

I did read through your criticisms, but they seemed too minor to be construed as conflicting with the first sentence.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I can't imagine going back to a KH after years awake. I think it would be like sitting on a tiny chair in primary school but without the bright eager minds. Why did you do it?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

slimboyfat rejoins the Jehovah's Witnesses

Image result for businessman with gun to head

• steve2
    steve2

I spotted the facetiousness - no one who rejoined the JWs would remain so open in their comments and (mildly) disdainful of the flock.

You make an interesting point below:

On this forum we so often discuss the aspects of JW teaching that are evidently ridiculous, such as the overlapping generation and the prophecy claims. What we don't talk about so often are where JWs present much more compelling arguments. I think these two points resonate with a lot of people because they chime with the spirit of the age we live in.

As someone who has been through this before (late 1960s/early 1970s), in which the organization latched on to any book warning about the earth's future (e.g., Famine 1975), I remain convinced that the easiest thing for humans to do is to conclude they are living in unprecendented "momentous" times - and it is here that religious groups such as JWs once made their greatest "killings" so to speak. What is very interesting is that, unlike earlier times of grave warnings about earth's future, non-JWs are not flocking to the kingdom halls. Possibly for the first time in western countries, JWs are largely preaching to themselves (and/or those born in), whilst other religious groups report booming growth (Pentecostals/Megachurches, 7th Day Adventists).

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Since you once left this forum with a post that said you were going back to the JWs those who are aware of that assumed that you were being serious.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

My first reaction was that it was a joke...and then I checked the section it was posted in. Nope...not in the humor and joke one...it's in adult talk one - private section. And it is Sunday. Sermon day

Eh...carry on

My mistake

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

VI says .......

Since you once left this forum with a post that said you were going back to the JWs those who are aware of that assumed that you were being serious.

Most people will think the same as I did, then I caught on that it was a prank.

SBF reveals the real contrite bullshit which the WTS/JWS propagates.

• stillin
    stillin

Hooray for SBF! He is able to laugh at himself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit