Why dont you leave....?

by anotheropenviewpoint 90 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac
    Again, I feel that we should all respect anothers view point why they feel what they feel and why they do what they do.
    Amac
    Then you will not make a very good JW.

Why do you say this? Explain.

Because as a JW you are not ALLOWED to respect other's opinions. If someone dissents publicly on a JW doctrine (let's say they give a talk and say that 1914 is not the end of Gentile Times and 144,000 is not a literal number), they will be DFed and you will not be allowed to talk to them based solely on their viewpoint, not a sin. So it is impossible to have respect for other's viewpoints.

Risot -

Welcome to the board!

I can sympathize with you and your comments.

I refuse to teach or promote anything I don't believe in. That includes talks I give from the platform and what I say in the ministry.
    I tried this myself, but eventually got to the point that there are very few talks I could give. I stopped in the ministry because I could not continually direct people to the FD&S when I felt they were enforcing dogmatic, unbiblical rules. The only option was to only use the Bible in the ministry, but then I felt like there was no point since I am in the middle of trying to figure the Bible out myself. I'd be interested to hear any other viewpoints you have.
  • Makena1
    Makena1

I don't have time to read this entire thread.

Why don't you just leave?

There - feel better now.

Have a great weekend all,

Mak

• Makena1
    Makena1

OK - that said.

I do not check this board as often as I used to - however, I stick around because I have met several people on the board who I consider friends, and it's one way to stay in touch.

I also watch for bad press on the WT - kind of like the joy one would get from seeing a big bully finally get some of it's own medicine.

There are a number of posters who are very well informed about religious research, current events - I always learn something.

There are others who post humorous items - I need more laughter in my life.

In summary - this is a community I enjoy being a part of.

I know the above does not answer your question - so I will leave now.

Mak
    H

• Makena1
    Makena1

Took time to catch up on this thread....

I agree with Brummie and others:

Risot, pity you dont post more regular. That was excellent! WELCOME.

Risot - welcome. You express yourself very well. I was especially touched by the part where you said " the organization would or could be a better place if those on this board had never left." (sorry did not cut and paste the exact words). There has been a lot of threads talking about the dumming down of the organization and that many of its best minds are leaving or have been booted out. I hope someday we can meet as brothers. I get the feeling that there is a good chance that we would become friends. And to the author of this thread - I seldom go on the attack, but you pushed my buttons. Maybe that was your intent anyway. All best, Mak

• JT
    JT
    Again, I am not seeking reinstatement. If it comes to that point, so be it, if not, so be it.... but I am not seeking it... so thus your question to me is irrelevant becuase it is based on you thinking that IS what I am trying to do... yet I go with no intention.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

How can you question why some go just for family sake, yet you go with "no intention"? Why go at all, if you have no intention? What's making you go? If you're not seeking reinstatement, then it's pretty much a waste of time.

I'm not ridiculing you, by the way. I just curious how you can insinuate that others are not strong enough to walk away when you yourself can't decide one way or the other.

i was thinking the same thing- to go to a place where folks Spit on you as it were- and not care if you are reinstated rings HOLLOW

• anotheropenviewpoint
    anotheropenviewpoint

Addressing many comments from the thread;

i was thinking the same thing- to go to a place where folks Spit on you as it were- and not care if you are reinstated rings HOLLOW

No one spits on me or looks at me funny when I am there, and if anything, various ones will nod with a smile and respect.

And to the author of this thread - I seldom go on the attack, but you pushed my buttons. Maybe that was your intent anyway.

Pushed buttons? I expected such a reaction from many as I am asking blatent questions, in your face type questions, open ended questions... that are veague but depending on the reciever may be interpeted differently, and thus your answers show your true colors... proving for an envigorating discussion.

If someone dissents publicly on a JW doctrine (let's say they give a talk and say that 1914 is not the end of Gentile Times and 144,000 is not a literal number), they will be DFed and you will not be allowed to talk to them based solely on their viewpoint,

If you were to publicly denounce a doctrine without tact, would that be respecting the viewpoint? I think not... and thus not the way to reason with a person or group of people when you put them in the defense to begin with.

I hope you don't leave the board. It's just like any new relationship, you have to get used to us and we have to get used to you.

Understood, and thank you... yet I do not believe that I have to put up with sharp, cutting and malicious comments. People yes will get to know me, that I have honest, forthcomming, reasonable, non-judgmental, and that I demand respect as I respect others. Again, thank you happyout.

You can contribute to the board, but don't expect everyone to agree with you on everything everytime. Won't happen.

In all actuality, I "expect" no one to "agree" with me... I believe this stance would be true for most on this board, as we do not look to have others "agree" with us necessarily, but only wish that someone "understand" us and respect our viewpoint as our own as we do others.

Mr Kim... you just freak me out... maybe its just your style, but man your scarry. Its like your putting a vex on the thread or something... <scared>

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    If you were to publicly denounce a doctrine without tact, would that be respecting the viewpoint?

The word that the poster used was "dissent", not "publicly denounce". Even if a JW expressed doubt privately about this matter, if word of it got back to the elders, they would be subject to a judicial committee interrogation.

May I ask your opinion - Is it ethical to threaten to rob a person of association with their friends and family because they do not believe a completely unprovable doctrine such as the WT Society's 1914 doctrine? Should a JW who once may have believed this, always believe it? Would they be being "true to themselves" if they were to read information that changed their belief about this matter to one that is different than what is the official viewpoint of the organization, but kept quiet about in order not to be disfellowshipped?

yet I do not believe that I have to put up with sharp, cutting and malicious comments

Did you really type that? A sampling of things that you have said so far in your brief tenure here at JWD:

Horse Sh*t, "incorrect information"... its a belief
    All I am hearing is a bunch of emotional CRAP. C-R-A-P, crap
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD - Do you guys even pay attention or just gripe?

Again, emotional crap... looking for someone real

Again, BS BS BS
    With that... again... all Im seeing is emotional whining, your saying nothing... BAH I say!
  • Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Anotheropenviewpoint,

You Said: Mr Kim... you just freak me out... maybe its just your style, but man your scarry. Its like your putting a vex on the thread or something... <scared>

Response: "a vex on the thread or something... <scared>". Interesting choice of words, don't you think? What is the purpose in writing paragraph after paragraph in exquisite detail and glory when the 'message" is cast off into darkness by the individual(s) it is intended for? Is it not a waste of "truth" given from above?

If your heart condition is acceptable, you will learn and prosper. It will not be easy. Humans have grown to expect many "things" handed to them without honest effort and many try to deceive and ignore the spirit and power of the Most Holy. This will soon change. The appointed time is his to dictate and do as he desires. All of the sought after answers are not and should not be available to Mankind. There are reasons for this structure which will be for a later time.

On this forum, you will read many well written glorification's on a multitude of subjects. The human mind is a very unique creation, capable of many feats and tasks and with the ability to grasp what "shall come to pass and be forever."

On this forum, there are many good people (as defined) and most offer sound advice. Each shall choose what is best for themselves and what they wish to share. You should use the best advice from each person which has offered it. Choose wisely and always stop and think about your own personal situation as no two are exactly alike. Close--yes, but not a carbon copy.

Always remember, when you do NOT subject yourself to "God's" way and plan as revealed by HIS Holy Spirit, .....A human, regardless of who you are,- will be "LOST IN ALL THINGS." If this happens, this direction will then come from something undesirable in the eyes of God............................................

Choices are made and paths chosen by the free will given to everyone

LATERS,

MR. KIM

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

AOVP,

Do you feel as though there is a god? Do you feel that that god wants you to feel trapped?

For about ten years, my answer to both these questions was "yes." That's why it took me so long to leave once the misery set in.

Eventually, I reached the point where I didn't care what Jehovah thought of me, because being a JW was taking me farther and farther from the Golden Rule. Once I reached that point I DA'd within a few months.

GentlyFeral

• tonyend
    tonyend

Family...my wife is still a Witness, my cousin is in Bethel, a lot of my family are still in. I now attend another church but am not D/A'ing myself because I like my family and friends. That's it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit