Why dont you leave....?

by anotheropenviewpoint 90 Replies latest jw friends

• anotheropenviewpoint
    anotheropenviewpoint

I have been reading quite a few of these threads and post and through it I feel as though I have come to know some of you and your behaviors.

I notice that there are many of you who are still associated with the Hall, and have not left yet... yet, bring up very "strong" points on the board.

I have a question for all of you who fit this description.... Why dont you just 'effin leave already? Whats holding you back? Why are you still there? If you feel soooo strongly that this is "wrong" are you too chicken to state your opinion to a family member?

Answer me this.... Do you realize how many people's lives that YOU truely effect by not being true to yourself?

on the other hand....

Whatever it is that is holding you there... what is it? State it.

<this should proove to be an interesting conversation>

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Usually its family that is keeping those people in. I know first hand how it feels to be disowned because you dont agree with what your family believes. If they can maintain peace at home and with their families by going to the meetings and going through the motions... its almost worth it. Especially when there are kids involved.

I'm not a parent but for kids to grow up in a house where mommy and daddy dont talk is quite traumatic for the kid.

Just my .02

Kansas District Overbeer

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Snack night.

• Maverick
    Maverick

pr_capone has it right, family and friends. Maverick

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Mav

Did you expect anything less???????

Kansas District Overbeer

• jgnat
    jgnat

Loved ones.

How many ambassadors and athletes return to oppressive regimes such as the old USSR or North Korea, because of loved ones?

http://www.balticsww.com/defector_kgb_cia.htm

• anotheropenviewpoint
    anotheropenviewpoint

Ok, looking for more reasons than family

If anyone knows me already, I have been DF'ed for 5 years now... and trust me the whole family deal... over-rated.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    <this should proove to be an interesting conversation>

Not if its anything like your last 'conversation'. You avoided discussing issues that I raised regarding the WTS and other religions who claim to be the true religion and try to prove it by the way that they turn peoples lives around from chaos to order, such as your own.

Now, answer those questions, that should be an interesting conversation!

HS

• anotheropenviewpoint
    anotheropenviewpoint

Hey hilary, I thought this was a forum... didnt know I had to address SPECIFIC questions.

But hey, let me go do that... just for you. :)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    the whole family deal... over-rated.

perhaps to some and yes in my case but not for all. Many people want to maintain whetever relationship they have with family. And no one has the right to judge that.

I have read that some people stay because they hope to change things from the inside.

Others are waiting for reform

And some can't leave until they have found something else

But by far it is family. The social death of disfellowshipping is very painful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit