Beards and Circumcision: turning their argument around

by neat blue dog 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caves
    caves

Apparently they just looked for people stumbling around. LOL

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

This thread is both thought provoking and entertaining at the same time. Literally rolling on the floor laughing.

• Mel Morris
    Mel Morris

Actually, Asiatic countries, such as Japan, Mongolia and China, view beards as "primitive" or unruly. If anyone has ever been there, they know that you will be mocked or looked down upon with a beard, especially by older people. It dates back to their time as family clans, warlords, hordes, and samarai's, which men wore very long facial hair if they could grow it as a sign of masculinity. As they adopted a more sophisticated view of themselves and their culture, they associated beards with their tribal past. So in Asia, beards are also associated with foreigners and counter-culture misfits. It's not terrible, just uncomfortable for those who wear beards that are long. A short beard is more tolerated, but even then you may get looks. There are several brothers that wear beards in my congregation, I did for many years before I decided to shave it in order to receive future privileges. (An elder told me flat out that he would not allow anyone to be an attendant at a convention if they decided to wear a beard). however, its not a doctrinal issue, its a personal one, and I know that wearing a beard is only an issue in some parts of the world to some people. So based on that knowledge alone some people choose to simply avoid wearing a beard as to not look like an outsider in the congregation or to put some asians at ease, because many gangs in Asia, like the triads wear beards. The whole ideology of shunning masculinity is quite funny in itself as it stems from man made traditions, (politics and societal customs and norms) stemming from the feminizing of men (especially in Asian) as a sort of social and political control mechanism instituted to curtail any sort of individuality.

• steve2
    steve2

I have a new book coming out - a followup to my book, "I Was Stumbled By Uncircumsized Brothers".

The book is titled, "I Was Stumbled by Brothers with Beards."

It says it all.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Caves: "Apparently they just looked for people stumbling around". LOL

Caves that's what happens when you step on your dick!

Actually that's what someone in the Southern States might say if they think they have screwed up.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Everytime I see the title of this thread my mind sees "breads and circumspection..." although I know what it actually says.

I suppose you could apply the alternative title interchangeably, particularly memorial breads and the not-annointed are a def no-no and we all know how they hate circumspection.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    It dates back to their time as family clans, warlords, hordes, and samarai's, which men wore very long facial hair if they could grow it as a sign of masculinity.

If they could grow it...LoL😜😜:-)) :-)) :-))

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"here beards aren't the custom"

Neither is knocking on someones door dressed in a Suit (men) or an overlong dress (women).

Their argument is, as usual, a total fallacy.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Remember when Jesus had a shave before being put to death? Yes, apparently Jesus throughout the 1950s went beardless lest he stumble anyone.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Looks a bit of a '50's Gay icon to me.

I like the way JC has girly hair and features, and the Crims have spikey hair, and one, Heaven Forfend ! has a beard !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit