Governing Body's failed doctrines blamed on Jehovah's gradual revealment

by RULES & REGULATIONS 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh9w8zMgLI0

( starts at the 21:00 minute mark ) Governing Body member Jeffrey Winder reveals the real reason for the failed doctrines throughout the Watchtower's 150 year history.

He claims that the Governing Body are neither inspired or infallible.

The Governing Body do not need to apologize for getting doctrines wrong.

The Governing Body ''DO THEIR BEST WITH WHAT THEY HAVE AND WHAT THEY UNDERSTAND AT THE TIME.''

So, what excuse do the Governing Body use for getting doctrinal matters wrong?

Blame it on Jehovah! Jehovah reveals all matters gradually, and when it is needed.

Sorry Mr. Winder and rest of the lying Governing Body members throughout your failed history: The truth never adjusts, only lies adjust.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The Governing Body do not need to apologize for getting doctrines wrong.

The Governing Body ''DO THEIR BEST WITH WHAT THEY HAVE AND WHAT THEY UNDERSTAND AT THE TIME.''

I think anybody in having to suffer a JC should work these quotes into their defense. Not always applicable, but I would sure the heck use it.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witness has always been made up of : FAKERS, FOOLS, FRAUDS and FUCK-UPS. "If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit." - Matthew 15:14 NWT 2013 edition.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

'Progressive understanding' has always been something they promote. God reveals things in due time and helps the GB to figure it out. When they are announcing these changes, they promote the idea that Jehovah has blessed them with this knowledge.

But, now and again, they also explain that they are just human and can get things wrong. Which raises all kinds of questions. Is Jehovah this bad at getting his message across to his F&DS? Can we trust anything they say, when they admit that they can get it wrong at any time? How can they justify DFing people for apostasy if those people are the ones who got something right? And so on.

• vienne
    vienne

I agree that learning is a series of steps and plateaus. I get that. And I understand that thoughts and ideas actively pursued become clearer with time. BUT, setting out doctrine that is largely or entirely error should bring an apology.

How does this differ from Lloyd Boy the Fat's refusal to apologize? Some genuine repentance is in order. Isn't it?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sometimes,,, you will never hear a apology from proud sources.

Like the ones you just mentioned.

Some like the Borg will even come right out and boldly and smugly admit ""no apology" is needed.

You'll just never hear it.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

"Blame it on Jehovah!" - RULES & REGULATIONS

"You have fooled me,

O Jehovah, and I was fooled" - Jeremiah 20:7 NWT Revised 2013

• Ding
    Ding

The fact that the GB makes it up as they go along seems to me to be a much more logical explanation.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

the video bugs me everytime I see it. The are literally blaming God for the failed information they dreamed up. They publish what God reveals to them. I should hope that the JW who hear this will not get caught up in the wordiness of it and miss the point that they are really calling God a liar. ( in other words, if they got it wrong,it's because God didn't reveal it correctly to start with. ) Disgusting. And I shouldn't pick on anyone's appearance, but he looks so smug when he is mouthing off those lies and what is that silly grin about. I really do find him disgusting because surely he knows he is spurring lies.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

If an idea is subject to change, don't promote it as light from Jehovah in the first place.

Maybe that would be a way to avoid future doctrinal problems?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit