Governing Body's failed doctrines blamed on Jehovah's gradual revealment

by RULES & REGULATIONS 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

My issue with the JW doctrines is not that some of it is wrong, but that if you disagree with anything, you are labelled apostate and shunned. It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong yourself; they shun you just because you don't follow the party line. It's ridiculous.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    The are literally blaming God for the failed information they dreamed up. They publish what God reveals to them. I should hope that the JW who hear this will not get caught up in the wordiness of it and miss the point that they are really calling God a liar. ( in other words, if they got it wrong,it's because God didn't reveal it correctly to start with.)

EXACTLY! Notice in this article how they use the word ''clarification'' instead of failed information, false revelations and made up information.

The Light Keeps Getting Brighter

BECAUSE true worshippers acknowledge Jehovah as the Source of spiritual light, they eagerly pray that God’s ‘light and truth’ will lead and guide them. (Ps. 43:3) While the world is in dense spiritual darkness, the true God continues to shed light upon his people. As a result, their path “is like the bright morning light that grows brighter and brighter.” (Prov. 4:18) Increasing light from Jehovah continues to illuminate their way organizationally, doctrinally, and morally. What are some of our beliefs that have been clarified in recent years?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A good video… free from miss information angst or glib rhetoric.

It is quite true. How can they claim God’s direction when they keep making entirely human errors?

Maybe they have worked out now that it is safer to just say “ We just don’t know! “

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The use of Proverbs 4v18 is a blatant misquoting of Scripture, which is adding to Scripture, an act that is Sinful, as outlined elsewhere in the Bible.

Proverbs 4 is about the Righteous Man who, as he lives his life, sees his Pathway ever clearer, which is true. To apply it in any other way is disingenuous and dishonest in the extreme.

And to imagine the Holy Spirit/Jehovah would reveal anything that was plainly in error is Blasphemy. God cannot Lie !

A lot of their former "understanding" caused death and suffering,in the distant past being against Vaccines for example, as does the still promoted, and similarly false interpretation of Scripture, that is their murderous Blood Doctrine.

They truly are False Prophets and Shameless Charlatans !

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    They truly are False Prophets and Shameless Charlatans !

My friend and I once stopped a nun on streetwork back in 1983. She was very friendly until she realised we were jw's.

Then she snarled that we were the biggest charlatans and false prophets the world had ever seen.

Although she was only around five feet tall to my six feet, I admit I was slightly afraid of her raw rage and anger - so we beat a hasty retreat!

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

A reasonable question would be was all the old light that has now been updated from Jehovah?

If there are current understandings that will be updated in the future then why did Jehovah update his people the wrong understandings?

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I'm happy with the GB's explanation on this.

Just don't ever advise and expect people to listen and obey even if what they say is "strange". Let them say their piece and let the listener decide.

You can't say on one hand we are not inspired or infallible yet demand exclusive total obedience on the other.

As you know....cults do that.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The 'new light' is no more correct than the old light. When the police point out holes in an alibi, a 'new' alibi becomes necessary. The book is large and open to interpretation, providing endless 'new' ways to connect the dots.

Or said another way, calling out Marco Polo in the circular kiddie pool doesn't get you closer to China, you are just making noise until you open your eyes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    It doesn't matter if you are right or wrong yourself; they shun you just because you don't follow the party line.

What happened to the Israelites who blindly followed the High Priest, Aaron, in worshipping the Golden Calf?

Ex 3:35 " And the Lord struck the people with a plague because of what they did with the calf Aaron had made.

What happened to the Israelites who blindly followed the prophets in the days of Elijah?

1 Kings 18:40 "And Elijah said to them, “Seize the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape.” And they seized them. And Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon and slaughtered them there."

Was there any debate/confusion that what Elijah was speaking was true?

See 1 Kings 18:36-39

So, why is there confusion today about the words of the Governing Body?

Deut 18:22 "when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously."

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

the attempting to explain about how the new light comes about shows they know they have been publishing lies for years. One of the fellows said," what are we to believe now?" When you get out, you see so plainly the manipulation...anyone in there, WAKE UP! How do you not resent the lies and the fact they blame the lies on a God you profess to love and worship?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit