Control of Microphones?

by Peeringin 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

What you need to consider is continuing practices. I remember corded mikes being passed down the row, talk about a mess, then came the poles. Once upon a time we just spoke loud with no amplification.

Also not all JW are the sharpest tacks in the box

• blondie
    blondie

Some jws are sharp tacks, unfortunately it is not the sharpest jw tacks that get to make the final decision.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just to set the record straight...some sisters are allowed to handle the microphone: they must be somberly dressed--with their head covered. a cardboard box has to be placed over their head to they cannot see or be recognised.

they also have to walk backwards and wear rubber gloves.

finally--they are not permitted to fondle, stroke, lick or suck the microphone.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Something else worth mentioning regarding the attendant holding the Mic.

In most Kingdom Halls these days most JWS are reading from their computer tablets so they have to fondle those while talking.

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I had worked the microphones were they were corded and wireless. Walking up and down the aisle with a corded mic was always a tripping hazard since the 2 aisles were very narrow. The corded mics were on booms and the rows were short enough to reach to the center from both sides. This prevented the mic from being dropped and blowing out the speakers or a child getting a hold of it if it was passed down the aisle. Later, congregations went cordless in my area of the USA. They were still on booms if the rows were short. I moved to another congregation were the rows were very long, nearly 20-25 seats. The mic was just passed down the aisle. It was always a ticking time bomb of when the batteries would go dead in the middle of a comment and you would have to switch them out. Kids always tried to get their hands on them as they were being passed down the aisle though.

• blondie
    blondie

I found a young boy up on the stage dropping the microphone on the floor. I helped him off the stage and was verbally attacked by his mother. His father however came up, grabbed his son by the hand and took him out to the car for a discussion (no spanking, just talking). Later, the mother did come up and apologize which was a rarity among jws.

• waton
    waton

What i found objectionable to the whole affair was the brothers, while serving the mikes were standing with their privates, although hopefully covered but 2-3 layers of cloth and washed since the last relief, -- within inches/centimetres of a sister's face, or anybody's nose at seating heights. Gross.

Vision was barely hidden, olfactory perception not.

• blondie
    blondie

🤢 Gross for sure

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

In my old congregation, we had wireless mics from the time they became widely available (well over 20 years ago).

I do remember that early on, it was funny occasionally to be listening to someone make a comment and have somebody driving by with a CB or Amateur radio. Depending on what channel they were transmitting on, you could literally hear the person clearer driving by although it would only last for about 10-15 seconds or so.

At least it occasionally broke the monotony.

Rub a Dub

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Hey Peeringin

When you consider that jws believe in talking snakes, talking donkeys, talking trees, a global flood, an ark that fitted about 9 millions species of animals, a virgin giving birth, and much more, ----who knows what their motive is regarding microphones with handles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit