So, what REALLY happened on September 11, a.k.a. the unknowns...???

by reporter 145 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

pathetic. i said specifically any evidence except the shaky translation. this US translation was immediately questioned by european and arab experts. so anything else?

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

"we also have Bin Laden's henchmen in custody admitting Al Qaeda involvement."

Could you please post some links to that information too?

Thanks

Stan

• Hamas
    Hamas

I refuse to believe so called confessions.

Put under enough pressure, a man can break. I think the yanks like to grab anybody they can and point the finger.

Two British guys have been captured, and they are not being allowed a fair trial. It's disgraceful the way the Americans treat those in Cuba.

Yeru, your evidence is pathetic, Realist is right. If that is the United States case, then it is built on sand and I think you know it.

• reporter
    reporter

HAMAS: you must be talking about this:

BRITS FACING X-RAY EXECUTION CHAMBERS

Jul 5 2003

By Anthony Harwood, US Editor, Rod Chaytor and Ginny Sandringham

U.K. Mirror

RELATIVES of two Britons facing a US military trial for alleged al-Qaeda links said last night: "This is not justice."

Human rights campaigners and lawyers joined the outcry over the George Bush order that could end in execution for the accused pair.

Moazzam Begg, 35, from Sparkbrook, Birmingham, and Feroz Abbasi, 23, of Croydon, Surrey, are among six Camp Delta captives facing tribunals, probably held in secret and solely under the control of the US military.

It is more than 50 years since such hearings were used. Justice groups claimed they breached international law and had only one objective - "to secure a conviction".

Execution chambers are already under construction at the captives' prison HQ in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Families of the two Britons were stunned at their inclusion among the first prosecutions and horrified at their possible fate, without independent legal help.

Azmat Begg - father of Moazzam, who himself has four children - likened the news to a "dagger to the heart".

He said: "The trial will be military, the judge will be military and yet my son is a civilian. This is just not right.

"If the Government or military are appointing people, that is absolutely wrong. It should be an independent person. How can it be a fair trial?"

Mr Begg, 65, added: "My son was never involved in al-Qaeda. He is a proper, family man."

Abbasi's mother Zumrati Juma was said to be "absolutely devastated". Her son's solicitor said: "We are horrified that the Government is allowing this."

Australian David Hicks, a Yemeni suspect and two others complete the list of six. Hicks' lawyer Stephen Kenny said: "If Saddam Hussein was trying Australians in these sort of conditions, Australia would be invading." Hicks is an Islamic convert.

More than 600 prisoners have been held at the US naval base in Cuba as worst-of-the-worst "unlawful combatants", following the end of the Afghan war in late 2001. Plans for the first prosecutions were announced by Mr Bush on Thursday night. He has to designate those eligible for trial.

The Pentagon, who refused to officially name the six, claimed there was evidence of involvement in al-Qaeda - the Osama bin Laden network held responsible for the September 11 Trade Center atrocity.

Officials said some of the six may have attended terrorist training camps or were involved in raising money and recruiting.

A chief prosecutor will now draw up possible charges for US Deputy Defence Secretary Paul Wolfowitz to decide who exactly will go in the dock. Prosecution and defence counsel from the military have already been appointed by the Pentagon.

The hearings will be in front of a panel of between three and seven judges, who will also come from the services. The authorities reserve the right to hold the proceedings in secret if there is any risk of "compromising national security".

Only defendants who are US citizens will be entitled to civilian legal representation.

Construction of court facilities is thought to have begun at Guantanamo Bay.

Moazzam Begg was seized by the CIA in Pakistan in February 2002 and taken to Afghanistan.

He was held in isolation there in a windowless cell for a year before being shipped to Cuba. His family say he was a victim of mistaken identity.

Feroz Abbasi was captured by American special forces in Kunduz, north east Afghanistan, in December 2001

His mother Zumrati claims he was brainwashed after attending the notorious Finsbury Park mosque. He is then said to have used his computer skills to develop a website that supported holy war ideas.

Abbasi's solicitor Louise Christian said it was "impossible" for Zumrati to believe that her son - who left home at 19 - could have been a senior member of any organisation.

Ms Christian added: "The tribunal's powers to impose the death penalty are barbaric and breach all international human rights laws. This is victor's justice."

The pressure group Fair Trials Abroad said: "The whole Cuban exercise has become a failed and cynical public relations stunt. The Americans are making up their own rules."

Amnesty International said the tribunals seemed to offer "second-class justice".

The European Commission said use of the death penalty could undermine international support for the US-led war on terrorism.

The Foreign Office confirmed that "two of the six detainees designated are British". Seven other Britons are at the camp.

Colonel Will Gunn, the US chief defence lawyer at Guantanamo Bay, told BBC2's Newsnight last night he was "extremely concerned" that defendants would not have faith in those defending them.

• reporter
    reporter

Yeah, Bushie, I'll bring it on all right buddy, Texas style!

Whoever designed the TV ad for Texas that said, "Texas: It's like a whole other country!" had it spot on.

Here's a shocker for you all:

• Hamas
    Hamas

wow,

great find reporter !

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey you know what Hamas? How about this? If the arabs hate Israel and the U.S. so much, how about we just pull our asses out of there and take our money with us? I have no problem with that whatsoever and neither do a whole lot of other Americans. We've got our own problems to take care of and enough oil to last us another 50 years, so the Middle East can shove their oil well you know where. In that 50 years, this country can become independent of oil. The question is, can the Middle East become independent of us?

Far as I'm concerned they can all blow each other up, die, go to hell (not that there is one), and kiss my ass.

Mike.

• Realist
    Realist

bendrr,

you are sweet.

of course you would like the US to pull out of the middle east. and it would certainly be the best for the average american. but does your gov. do what is best for you and the other 270 million americans? no! they do what is best for a small group of people who rule your country.

so your scenario of the US pulling out of the middle east is not realistic.

• Jayson
    Jayson

http://www.series7movie.com/

The new American Family reality show.

• Hamas
    Hamas
    Far as I'm concerned they can all blow each other up, die, go to hell (not that there is one), and kiss my ass.

How colorful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit