Just read this on JW Talk......

by WHATSGOINGON 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos
    Then he said "it's (referring to the end) is close." Then he smiled. Here's the thing. When he said that, he didn't really look at me, but rather looked away, like someone knows something but knows they can't tell anyone.

Sounds like he's tired of trying to sell that same tired old story and can't look his friends in the eye while he toes the company line.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"I don't think the date of the GT beginning fits the category of "confidential" :eek: If that gets announced at Bethel - you can GUARANTEE we will all hear QUICKLY!!"

Yup, that makes sense - I'm going to have to wait for 7 charlatans living 3000 miles away to let me know via a letter/broadcast that God's great day has commenced!!!

I'll just watch the BBC News - or even better, I'll get more accurate information here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    They are so desparate. That thread oozes hopelessness disguised as encouragement. By heck, they do sound worn out.
  • freddo
    freddo

Sister Bea wrote:-

"And as a CO said, if we die between now and Armageddon, there is not a period at the end of the sentence, but a coma."

I think she meant to write "comma" but either will do!

It is truly sad and yes there are some in my hall that are exactly that deluded and hanging on to every little word. One said to me she was so concerned about the poor bethelites and special pioneers being told to leave and when I said "yes it must be tough expecting to be looked after for life and asked to go in your fifties or sixties" she quickly came out with "well it's a sign that we are so close to the end isn't it?"

When I didn't reply she desperately said "Oh please tell me it is?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Whatever happened to that thread...Is Armageddon(tm) here yet?
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    1,600 bethelites equates to roughly $25,000,000 in savings per year...
  • cognac
    cognac
    Calebs - How did you come up with the $25,000,000 figure?
  • cognac
    cognac

After doing the math, Calebs might be right. If they spend a total of $1300 on average each month for each special pioneer, then:

$1300 x 12 (months) x 1600 (SP's) = 24,960,000 per year

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Delusional to the 100th power.

Yesterday's study of the watchtower felt like really crazy talk.

SL

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Does it really cost 1300 per month for a SP? I thought in the US they only got a 600 stipend. That would move the figure to 11.5m per year (USD)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit