l'escargot

by Englishman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yes you can cook them yourself. I buy mine at Whole Foods. Nina has a couple of fantastic recipes. Really good.

Rattlesnake is good, but a bit chewy. Turtle is very good and very tender. I also loved dolphin (poor Flipper). Don't care much for duck or rabbit. I like venison, but you've got to be careful because it's so lean it can dry out very easily.

I'll try anything once (no not that) except for haggis. Never never never.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Funny pic Xena

My gosh, is there anything you people will not eat?

::::: edited to say 'except for haggis' ::::::

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hey Mike!

caviar tastes like fish oil in little bubbles. if you like that sort of thing I suppose it has its place. I dont mind it--but I have to be in the mood for fish oil in little bubles.

Ravyn

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

hey Mike again!

if you buy escargot you also have to buy the shells which you serve them in and wash out and reuse---if you are so inclined to eat escargot more than once. Like I said--it was OK. Tasted like something green---like celery or peas, but it felt like clams.

Ravyn

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Best way to eat caviar is to put a little hard boiled egg, and onion on an unsalted cracker or wafer. Then chase it down with a shot of vodka. It's interesting but the vodka gives it a whole different taste.

• Xena
    Xena
    I'll try anything once (no not that) except for haggis. Never never never.

Never say Never Big Tex, I tried haggis when I was in Scotland and it was sublime......

Hey Raven I made some escargot and put them in mushroom caps instead of the shells...it was quite nice that way

Xena of the I will try ANYTHING at least once class

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

CHILLED vodka tastes best with caviar. Absolutely sublime!

Nina

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

HEy,,

l' e s c a r g o t

I cant even SAY it.

If I can't get it OUT of my mouth I don't want it IN my mouth.

Jst2

• riz
    riz

escargot always grossed me out until my best friend introduced me to them at my last birthday dinner. I tried them with butter and garlic and some sort of bread crumb parmesan crust and they were delicious.

Xena that pic is hilarious Go little snail, Go!!

• caligirl
    caligirl

The best escargot I ever had was in Vegas at Top of the World.

Escargots Aux Champignons 14.75 Delicately simmered in Chardonnay, then baked in mushroom caps with herb garlic butter. Yum!

The first time I had it was as a teenager - they were baked in little herbed pastry cups - I've been hooked ever since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit