Spoke to my younger brother Dan yesterday (he DA'd about 6 months ago). He was telling me that he got a visit from our older brother the day before. Our older brother was raised a JW but never committed, lives a full-on "worldly" life - smokes, binge drinks, hangs out with non-JWs, but he's been studying for about 6 years would you believe?
So anyway, Dan is selling his freeweights, and older brother say's he'll buy them off him. Great. Wonderful. What could possibly go wrong?
A week later, older brother turns up and says he's not going to buy them after all because, after speaking an elder, it could bring demons into his home.
Yes, because you see, Dan studies Taoism and meditates. (It's actually benefited his life immensely. He's lost weight and overcome a lot of stress and anxiety issues). HOWEVER - as everyone knows, Taoism is surely from the devil and influenced by the demons. The demons are living in my brothers freeweights and if my older brother brought them home the demons would then be in his house.
Where do I even begin with this one?
- Aren't they supposed to stop studying with someone who doesn't make changes after a certain length of time?
- Demons like to live in gym equipment now?
- Even if this were true, Jehovah is powerless to protect this person who is studying?
- How come the demons dont live in my older brothers cigarettes and porn collection?
- Isn't it funny how demons dont live in banknotes and coins that non-JWs might put into the contribution box?