US violent crimes and murders rose in 2016, the FBI says

by Simon 52 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    Obama tried to stimulate the economy or create jobs by building up and improving the country's failing infrastructure but was blocked by the Republicans in Congress.

Nope. He bailed out the bankers and then for an encore increased racial tensions.

So who really hurt the low income black communities wrought with crime?

The criminals. I know we're meant to believe it's the police, but no.

Obama was a community low income supporter/organizer in Chicago and was sensitive to impoverished communities and the crime that resulted out that economic impoverishment.

He had experience benefiting from the ability to manipulate the easily manipulated. The dems benefit the most by promoting racism which is why they do it non stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBAEJlR4pk

There is another issue with affirmative action that the video doesn't cover. If you lower the standards for an identifiable group then you don't just hurt the people who may as a result get entry into a school but subsequently struggle and fail because they haven't really met the threshold, you also undermine the achievements of those who would have met the standard and excelled but may now be judged as having had a leg-up and preferential treatment they they didn't need or benefit from.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nope. He bailed out the bankers and then for an encore increased racial tensions.

Yes he did bail out the bankers which pissed off all races and people of varying social economic levels..

I dont see where he stirred up racism in comparison to what Trump has done recently ???

If anything he unified the races more so when he took office.

There were people in the middle part of the country who thought that the rich black man in the White House didn't care about them so much, that he didn't take notice of their economic problems so they voted in a white guy this time who promised them something more.

• Simon
    Simon
    If anything he unified the races more so when he took office.

I strongly disagree. I think if you look at specifics of what he and his administration did (often acting as agitators & activists in situations) then compare the state of things prior to him taking office vs when he left office, it's easy to show that things got significantly worse under his watch.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Simon... what are those "specifics"?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One could also say that having a black man in office ruffled a few shoulders of many white Americans stimulating unseen racism while he was in office.

The point being where there is poverty and depression in certain communities, you can expect the crime rate to rise. There is still some very impoverished areas within the US, that hasn't recovered from the 2008 down fall, a high rate of crime is the result.

• never a jw
    never a jw

I have a better theory, or at least just as good. What has increased crime is the lack of good movies recently. People are bore to death because theaters have nothing good to show and decide to commit crimes instead. I see the cause-and-effect connection and that's enough for me. I don't have to back it up with reliable data or any studies.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon... what are those "specifics"?

Obama used the apparatus of government to attack predominantly white christian conservative groups with the IRS. The DoJ frequently harassed localities over race issues or else stood by and did nothing as localities burned and rioters looted. He interjected himself in individual law cases (notably the attacker Trayvon Martin) rather than saying nothing he appeared to pick skin color over law and order.

The point being where there is poverty and depression in certain communities, you can expect the crime rate to rise. There is still some very impoverished areas within the US, that hasn't recovered from the 2008 down fall, a high rate of crime is the result.

That's just an excuse IMO and we've heard them all before. There are other poorer areas and disadvantaged people where there aren't the same rates of crime. And define "impoverished" ... are you talking about how much public money is spent on those areas? Because some have a lot spent - the cost per pupil in many of the failing areas is much higher than the costs in more stable communities. It's not about the amount of money, it's about how the money is spent. If it's private money, which company wants to invest in an area where their stores may get burned down or looted? Consequences ... always happen in the end.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

It is true that socio-economic factors do play a part in the incidence of crime. In the district where I presently live, one dosen't have to look to hard to see evidence of that - i.e. in the former forest industry towns of New Zealand's North Island, where once every unskilled worker was practically guaranteed a job in a forestry crew, thus keeping him out of mischief during the daylight hours Monday to Friday. Reforms in the industry that were implemented 30 years ago, though, have left consequences that you wouldn't want to know about!

However, caution has to be exercised here. It is all too easy to apportion blame to everybody and everything except the criminal himself.

As I recall it being reported in Time magazine, the noticeable reductions in crime which occurred in America during the early 1990s largely happened because the police returned focus onto their primary role - that of harassing the criminal element. Growing up during the late 1950s and through the 1960s, I lived in fear (bordering on mortal terror!) of the local policeman.

No doubt, there are those around who would direct a stream of tomatoes at me for saying this, but I do believe the community would be one hell of a lot safer if every one of us was absolutely $h#t-scared of the man (or woman) in a blue uniform.

• Simon
    Simon
    the noticeable reductions in crime which occurred in America during the early 1990s largely happened because the police returned focus onto their primary role - that of harassing the criminal element.

People focus on the political correctness of stop and search but if certain segments of a community account for a disproportionate proportion of the crime, it makes perfect sense to stop them more IF your primary concern is preventing crime rather than just appearances. Unfortunately, it's now all about appearance and so crime rates in certain areas are going back up.

What goes wrong is lack of control to prevent abuses which ironically is caused by not being able to be honest and open about the policy.

It's a little like the crazy useless waste of time that is the pantomime of airport security. Stop and search middle-eastern looking men, not old women and blonde-haired 5 year olds from Wisconsin as they are not the ones hijacking planes.

But no, we all have to pretend that everyone is the same and should be treated identically even though we all know it's not true and is idiotic.

If there were whites, erm, sorry, I mean, "People of Paleness", committing a disproportionate amount of crime in my neighbourhood then I would hope *I'd* get stopped more often as it would demonstrate the police were trying to catch them.

People living in these crime ridden communities that have been Democrat controlled since forever should wake up and question if their lot in life is really the fault of some secret 3rd reich that no one can actually see as the Democrat controlled media keeps telling them or the utter failure of their political leaders' governance. City after city is failing miserably and they all have the same thing in common: Democrats and captive black votes being given away in exchange for ... what exactly?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There has been growing gangsta social ideology that has increased over the years in the US and popularized in the media, where being a violent gangsta is the promoted and accept way of life which grew out of poor economic infrastructure. ie. businesses shut down taking away jobs leaving the only way to live was to live through the proceeds of crime.

Each neighborhood or crib protects their own and the criminal activity of selling drugs or buying and selling stolen property is the normal way to live. From out of that increasing amount of criminal activity, the increase in gun violence has also occurred.

The second video that Simon posted in the OP demonstrates that clearly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit